Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2021, 10:23 PM   #11
Sean Marconette

Liked 165 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: Support Vehicle Tires And Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGSST109E View Post
If to raise your trailer off the ground in the off season they will last longer. Having weight on them sitting in one spot for 5 or 6 months will make them blow out faster. I used trailer legs or jack stand on my tag for years. Cured the 2 -3 year all the tires started to blow out. On the gooseneck I have now, I just lower the front down as far as it will go then put jack stands under the back of the frame and then raise the front back up. All tires are now off the ground. Tires will last much longer.
I have been doing this for a few years now getting all weight off the trailer tires. This is also the time to rotate tires and inspect/adjust the trailer brakes. When is the last time everyone replaced the trailer breakaway battery? That is another maintenance item, cheap insurance I replace it every 2 years.

Sean
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #12
Doug Domm

Liked 40 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Support Vehicle Tires And Brakes

Over time we recognized the tires on project cars parked on dirt that they would badly crack and check were they sat in dirt. We now park them on wood or sidewalk blocks and no longer see that issue. I’m not saying this is the answer just something we noticed
Doug Domm is offline   Reply With Quote