HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
TRMN8TER

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Nhra

Looks like they lowered the car count for stock again. Just now finishing the car and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Looks like it's going to take 7 grade points to get into pomona.
TRMN8TER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:39 AM   #2
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Nhra

When the NHRA came up with this quota system I wonder if they were giving any consideration at all to just how it would/will affect the outcome of Sportsmen World Championships. The average Sportsman can no longer even attempt to race for the World Championship.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #3
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Don't worry they will rise the entry or add a new fee so they can still bring in the same amount of revenue. And call it an enhancement. They are good at enhancements I seen that they left the membership t-shirts the same this year to give people the chance to get one before they come out with the anniversary ones next year. IE we are stuck with a huge pile of leftover shirts.

Last edited by novassdude; 12-06-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-05-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
TRMN8TER

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just finished my 68 mustang 428 combo. It just isn't possible for me to acquire 8 grade points. 7 maybe but no chance at 8 and I just wanted the opportunity to Run Pomona (I live 30 min away) . Looks like nhra is going to take that away. Prob going to sell the motor and trans.
TRMN8TER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #5
Sledracer

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts

Winternationals quota filled hours after grade 7 opened.

I'm a Div 7 bracket racer and I’m rethinking why I spent a very large amount of money last year to get a car and step up from the brackets to take a shot at racing in Stock eliminator.

Grade 6, NO GOOD. Come back next year with Grade 7 and try again.

2 National events within a few hours and the quotas going to keep the car in the trailer.

Definitely going to rethink this whole adventure with this quota system. Racing at National events nearby was part of the reason to get a car.
Lower quota this year erases all of the efforts last year to get a Grade 6 to have a shot at getting into those races. Travel a bit more and get a Grade 7 ? Probably not.

Hey NHRA, whoever is setting quotas, how about a realistic quota ?

C.W. Hoefer
G/SA
Sledracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
When the NHRA came up with this quota system I wonder if they were giving any consideration at all to just how it would/will affect the outcome of Sportsmen World Championships. The average Sportsman can no longer even attempt to race for the World Championship.
HI Billy,,with the entry's growing each year how many events would I have to attend if I was competing for a National Championship?? This year we have 8 grade points can't imagine what it will take to get into a National in Division 1.
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #7
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,707 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barrett View Post
HI Billy,,with the entry's growing each year how many events would I have to attend if I was competing for a National Championship?? This year we have 8 grade points can't imagine what it will take to get into a National in Division 1.
Tim, the registration opens for 8 and above at the same date. Some consolation I suppose but you have to have your entry on the ready line the moment the event registration starts. Could be the first year Denver fills...LOL.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #8
GrapeApe7575

Liked 325 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledracer View Post
Winternationals quota filled hours after grade 7 opened.

I'm a Div 7 bracket racer and I’m rethinking why I spent a very large amount of money last year to get a car and step up from the brackets to take a shot at racing in Stock eliminator.

Grade 6, NO GOOD. Come back next year with Grade 7 and try again.

2 National events within a few hours and the quotas going to keep the car in the trailer.

Definitely going to rethink this whole adventure with this quota system. Racing at National events nearby was part of the reason to get a car.
Lower quota this year erases all of the efforts last year to get a Grade 6 to have a shot at getting into those races. Travel a bit more and get a Grade 7 ? Probably not.

Hey NHRA, whoever is setting quotas, how about a realistic quota ?

C.W. Hoefer
G/SA

CW Hang in there buddy. We are trying to get a Stk/SS combo series put together with great guaranteed payouts and races at Fontana, Bakersfield, Vegas....all yet to be determined. Keep your eyes and ears open for the first event hopefully just prior to Pomona. But you didn't hear it from me!!!
GrapeApe7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:00 PM   #9
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts

It looks to me like the quotas for National events are set for people who are serious about competing for a National Championship. I you are then you can compete at 8 divisional races and 6 Nationals. At the end of the season they will take 5 of your best divisional points races and 3 of your best National event points races and add those 8 togeather. So there will always be people with at least 7 plus grade points and will fill up the Nationals quick now.
Gone are the days of just entering a National for the exposure and experience.
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:31 PM   #10
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 395 Times in 182 Posts

I'm surprised division points meets haven't raised in entry