HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #81
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: Drag Race Central closing???

Thanks to Summit for all their support. Amazing that in this day and age NHRA national /divisional cannot develop something like AMA asphalt motorcycles use which is a mobile APP that updates constantly with running order and lap times. Also,it is unofficial until validated. Used Smartphone at race this past summer was able to actually follow the race when bikes were not near our location. 1 class had 34 bikes on track at a time and updates were great.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:49 AM   #82
BobOrme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsamuel View Post
That's where most, if not all of us, at DRC got started in this.

Jim
Dave Rowe and myself were both Prodigy reporters before DRC came to be. The Prodigy guys were not as well organized as the CompuServe RIS guys were. It was a bit of a rivalry 20 years ago!
BobOrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:21 AM   #83
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOrme View Post
Dave Rowe and myself were both Prodigy reporters before DRC came to be.
That explains a lot, Bob!

Jim
jwsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #84
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockerstang View Post
I just read a blurb on BangShift.com that the major sponsor for Dragracecentral.com is not renewing this year and that the site may close down.
Go to Bangshift.com, article is on the 2nd page.
DALLAS -

Rick Green
It was announced today that Texas-based FastNews Network, Inc., has acquired DragRace Central and its website, dragracecentral.com. Through the acquisition, DragRace Central will continue to generate reliably fast and accurate race results from events across the nation. Content on the widely known and frequently visited website will also continue to include feature stories and captivating images provided by well-known motorsports journalists and legendary drag racing photographers.
"I'm excited about this new chapter for FastNews Network," said the company's president and one of its founders, Rick Green. "Over the years, we've seen dragracecentral.com grow in popularity, and we expect that trend to continue. This website has become a destination for anyone looking for detailed results, whether it's in the Sportsman or Pro ranks. There is no other website or social media outlet that offers this much detail so quickly and without charge."

FastNews Network was established as an internet-based drag racing news source by Green, Ed Dykes, and Larry Sullivan in 1998, when they began providing round-by-round results to DragRace Central from events. Prior to that, the trio reported results by the numbers in the drag racing section of a forum on CompuServe. Green is the only surviving member of the original FastNews Network team with the passing of Dykes in 2000 and Sullivan in 2016.

FastNews Network had previously been contracted by Summit Racing to cover the events for DragRace Central, and when ownership of the website became available during the off-season, the longtime drag racing and motorsports enthusiast was presented with an opportunity that he simply could not pass up.

"DragRace Central has been a big part of my life for a long time," said Green, who has traveled to nearly every NHRA national event, plus divisional races and events held by other sanctioning bodies, for two decades to report the results from on-site.

"What we do is more than business; it's about documenting this sport that people devote their time, money, and energy to. It's really made an impact on me to hear, over the years, how much what we do matters, and you can see it in how many people visit the website regularly. We have a unique product, and it's one that appeals to just about everyone who loves drag racing. I'm looking forward to what the future holds for DragRace Central."

To be considered as a marketing partner, or to advertise on dragracecentral.com, contact Rick Green at rick@fastnews.net.

https://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=359263
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:22 PM   #85
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,071 Times in 765 Posts

If the N.H.R.A. sponsored dragracecentral wouldn't that enhance their position within this community? Nah forget I wrote that. LMAO!
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-25-2020, 07:13 PM   #86
larrylomascolo

Liked 64 Times in 28 Posts

Great news,if we lost D.R.C. ,Forgetaboutit,,iconic website is a must for results and live updates
larrylomascolo is offline   Reply With Quote