HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts
Default Blood Moon

How many of ya'll are aware of the "Blood Moon" that will be visible tonight ? There is lots of info about it online. From what I've read, it is a complete eclipse, of a full harvest moon. I think the last one was in 1982, and the next one will be 2033.

These Blood Moons have spiritual significance. Lots of Christian ministers, who preach end time Bible prophecy, have had a lot to say, on the subject, in recent months.

Here's just one of the many sites which has basic info on this rare occurrence.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...xrz00091x00dth

We have heavy cloud cover here right now. So, unless it lifts, we won't see a thing.

The full Harvest Moon was beautiful here, last night.

I can remember back many years ago to when I witnessed a Solar eclipse. I'd driven about 40 miles away, to West Monroe, LA. When I pulled into the Lowe's parking lot, I noticed a weird light, instead of the bright sunshine there was, when I'd left home. It's hard for me to explain it. To me, weird, is what best describes it. It was not like when it's just cloudy. It made enuff of an impression on me, so that I can remember exactly where I was. And I'm sure there are a LOT of things from that time period that I don't remember.

Anyhow, ya'll watch, if you can. You'll be witnessing part of history. Won't happen again til 2033.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
Steve Calabro

Liked 40 Times in 11 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Steve Calabro
Default Re: Blood Moon

You can watch @ http://www.space.com/
Old 09-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: Blood Moon

Actually we had a great view of the whole process,, I was surprised that we didn't have to go out of town away from all the city lights. When it cleared the homes across our street,, just the bottom edge,, the 7 o'clock portion, if you will, was just getting covered up. We got up every few minutes to watch as the eclipse continued its way across the moon. I remember seeing the last one, and I recall it not being as good as this one was from our point of view. Hope many of you got to enjoy it. I saw quite a few neighbors, especially those with kids out on the sidewalks, bundled up watching this historic event.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote