HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-11-2022, 01:32 AM   #1
Craig Porter

Liked 83 Times in 24 Posts
Default Rob Keister wins at Numidia

Congrats Rob Keister on your super gas win at Numidia this weekend great job buddy ! Cooper would be proud
Craig Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-11-2022, 05:02 AM   #2
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: Rob Keister wins at Numidia

YOWIE-WOWIE!!!.. roof rack and all.. and not a bad driving job to boot.. HEY ROB!!!.. CONGRATS!!!
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-11-2022, 07:23 AM   #3
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts

Congratulations rob, well deserved!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:16 AM   #4
J Pierce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Rob Keister wins at Numidia

super job Rob
J Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:27 PM   #5
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 393 Times in 181 Posts

Congrats Rob
Old 07-11-2022, 08:50 PM   #6
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Thank you, Craig, for the post! It is definitely surreal to say the least.

I had to put my Pup of 16 years down on Friday the 1st, so I was really not in the mental state to even want to go to Numidia at all but, something kept pushing me to go, telling me I needed to just get away to the Hills for a few days to unwind. When I went to go pick up his ashes from fellow SG Racer Earl Nichols Jr. we sat and chatted for 2 hours, if you know anything about Earl & I we have had our differences in the past but, Earl had a heart-to-heart talk with me about driving style and how to set-up and he joked as I left that "call him from the winner circle" on Sunday.

For those who don't know we had some major issues with the car at the MG .90 Race with my Dad behind the wheel and we didn't have a clue if it was him or the car. We wanted to test at Atco before we made the 200-mile trip up to Numidia but, our local track of Atco was closed for July 4th weekend, so we just rolled the dice. Thursday for the open the gremlins came back, and the car was like a bucking bronco on the line. Great friends such as Tom Goldman, Hank Smith, Bill Hardifer, Jeff Stricker. Dom Garbinski, Dave Long jumped into action to diagnose the problem, let us borrow parts and got us back on track for Q3 and the R1 for the Open. Unfortunately, I ran into Tom Goldman first round and lost of the open but, had better feeling for the D1 Race (I had actually only paid for the Open incase the problems arose and we couldn't fix them). Of course in the D1 race, who pulls up next to me R1....Mr. Goldman again (If you know the history of Tommy and I on the mountain, you will just laugh...All Jewish Final, that's all I'll say). My Lucky round came in R2 against Pete Luciano Sunday AM when the DA stayed the same but, the humidity dropped almost 50% and listening to Super Street & Comp, I was hearing alot of 81's, 82's being put up. I was lucky since both of us were Red (-.014 to -.016) to grab the win. In the final I couldn't have asked for better person to race and George Donhauser, George has been a great friend and supporter of the .90 series through the years and it was a win-win for both of us. I joked that we should just not run the final and sit and have a few beers!

I have so many people to Thank:
My Dad for getting me into this crazy sport and all the support he gives me, we may but heads alot because he's very old school and doesn't believe the computer numbers I choose and wants to dial off of feel of air....lol. He does alot while I'm working 2 jobs and the .90 series.
All the members of the .90 Series who come out and support my series through the year.
Bill Hardifer & Dave Long who are our pitting partners and we share info and thoughts on setups
Jeff Stricker at RR Race Fuels who are our sponsors through VP Race Fuels. Jeff got me to switch to VP a few years back and it's been a blessing because the car just repeats itself.
We don't have many sponsors but, thanks to everyone who supports us!

Thank you all for the Texts, Calls and Messages on Facebook....I wasn't planning to go to VMP but, looking at points I guess I have to give it the good old College Try!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CR Num Win.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	63725   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (34).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	63726   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (35).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	63727  

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (36).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	63728  

Last edited by BKSG1198; 07-11-2022 at 08:54 PM.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote