HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Great Lakes Stock-/Super Stock Association

Old 05-11-2021, 06:44 PM   #1
Phil Veldheer Racing

Liked 26 Times in 8 Posts
Default US 131 May 15th

A few words of wisdom for this coming Saturdays race at US 131. Weather is predicted to be 64 degrees and sunny.
With Milan Dragway and Oscela Dragway closed US 131 has been averaging roughly 290-300 race cars each week when IHRA bracket points races are held. Thats around 100 Top cars, 80-90 Modified cars 36-ish street cars and the rest Jr. Dragsters.
With the addition of two other drag strips, in the beginning there was a little confusion on parking spots. This is why I taking the time to write all of this.
The local racers pay $450.00 a year for reserved parking for the 16 IHRA points races, they are having races # 4 & #5 this weekend. so...

If you see a electrical box that is about three feet tall in the pits THAT IS A RESERVED PARKING SPOT..I am told they are all sold again this year. I have one...

On top of that, Thursday and Friday, during the day, they are having a FAST race at US 131. Also this weekend at US 131 is the MOJO Quick 16 race.
I predict 60 plus GLSSA race cars--see you there.

Maybe it would be smart to park on the Spectator side behind the beachers-concession stand....a lot of people do that and have their race car on pavement

Last edited by Phil Veldheer Racing; 05-12-2021 at 05:21 AM.
Phil Veldheer Racing is offline   Reply With Quote