HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > North West Class Racer Association

Old 07-16-2022, 06:29 PM   #1
SDT1DYI

Liked 394 Times in 124 Posts
Default NWCR August 13th 14th Race #1

We hope everyone is getting excited about race #1 at Pacific Raceways, August 13th 14th.
We need everyone to call friends and Stk/SS fans and let them know about our event.
The track does no advertising so its up to us to get fans to come out. Spector attendence means increased pay outs to Racers, so
make calls and get fans to attend.
We have asked for 30 -35 parking spaces together. The track questioned the car estimate ( from past turn outs) I'm betting we will surpass the estimate.
We will have NWCR T Shirts for sale at the Track for 25.00 for non members and spectator's.

Get your car ready and be at Pacific Raceways for Race #1.
SDT1DYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 09:41 PM   #2
Larry Merk

Liked 221 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: NWCR August 13th 14th Race #1

The Northwest Class Racers first race of the year is coming up at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington on August 13-14, 2022. There will be 2 qualifying runs on Saturday, 1 qualifying run on Sunday, then immediately into eliminations. We had planned for a race each day but the track was concerned that they would be unable to complete all racing by the 11 PM curfew so the NWCR Saturday race was removed from their schedule.

The guaranteed purse will be $2,000 to win, $1,000 for runner-up, plus $100 per round starting with first round winners. The winner and runner-up amounts will be reduced by 15% for non-members to $1,700 to win and $850 for runner-up. You can join the association at the race for $150 cash. $150 cash race entry fee payable to NWCR in the pits plus $50 track fee at the gate. We will post information about gate entry time and parking for NWCR attendees once details are worked out with track management. The success of the association is based on participation. Please come out, have some fun and support your class racing association.

Good luck to everyone and we'll see you at Pacific.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:39 AM   #3
older racer

Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

hi do we tech online and enter online? or pay at the gate? i'm considering testing friday, thanks,
older racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:56 PM   #4
Larry Merk

Quote:
Originally Posted by older racer View Post
hi do we tech online and enter online? or pay at the gate? i'm considering testing friday, thanks,
Jim,

From the Pacific web site:
Friday Night TNT
August 12 @ 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Car Club Challenge, Cornwell Tools Juniors, and Friday Night TNT
Gates Open at 4:15pm, Event Times 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Friday TNT Tech Card – $50.00, limited number available
They have an "Online Waiver" link but it does not work yet for this race. I am sure the track will tech cars on Friday.

Pay at the gate Friday night for the Test n' Tune.
Pay at the track gate fee ($50) Saturday, then pay the $150 NWCR entry fee in the pits at my trailer.
Old 07-19-2022, 10:46 PM   #5
otnipecar

Liked 64 Times in 29 Posts

Any class that has eliminations (car club challenge / juniors) will have precedence over TNT cars. Have had many times where I was lucky to get 2 runs. Hopefully it will be better that Friday.

See you at our 1st race.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:39 PM   #6
Larry Merk

Questions from Racers.
1) A member of NWCR called and said Pacific Raceways has been charging a $25 fee for overnight parking/camping. We contacted the track and this does NOT apply to NWCR racers at our August 13-14 race.
2) Several racers have asked if there will be heads-up runs since we will be using the scales. Short answer: NO. But per our published rules, heads-up runs are OK by mutual agreement of both racers. See our rules in the "Sticky" at the top of this section.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:27 AM   #7
Larry Merk

Are you interested in running the Friday night test-n-tune at Pacific Raceways on August 12? Send an email to nwcrassn@gmail.com. If we get 20 cars Pacific will give us our own lane for more efficiency in managing the run order. Let us know ASAP.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:18 PM   #8
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

The track ran a Stock/SuperStock Combo series a few years ago and was never able to top 10-15 cars. Lots of great S/SS cars in the garage around here, so I hope folks really try to get their tires hot. I'm sidelined with tech/rule issues with my car but I have a camera that I handle better than a wrench and will see you folks Saturday.

BTW: My car actually looks like my avatar right now...

Last edited by FireSale; 08-12-2022 at 01:20 PM.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:46 AM   #9
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts

It is Monday morning and here is my report from race #1.

We had 25 cars make the final Q session on Sunday morning. To those who didn't make it - You missed a GREAT event. Mark Faul was even there with the 66 El Camino.

Brian Seaburg was number 1.qualifier.

Cal Method won the long distance award - Thanks Cal for bringing 3 cars.

Brian Thompson won the 5 gallons of fuel for the best reaction time during the event - .000

Brad Burton was race number 1 winner, Joe Sorensen was R/U.

The event was a BIG success in my opinion. Everybody that I talked to seemed quite pleased with how everything went down and are looking to the future of North West Class Racer events. EVERYBODY seemed happy - How cool is that!!!!!!!!

A BIG shoutout to Steve Teeter, Larry Merk and all the rest for the tons of hard work to make this event happen and go as well as it did. Looking forward to the next event at Renegade Raceway near Yakima, Washington on September 10/11. See you all there. If I forgot anything from this event chime in and remind me.

Last edited by Carguy49; 08-15-2022 at 10:03 AM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:36 AM   #10
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

I have event photos to post later this week. I'm going to post them in the general Stock/Superstock topic just to prove that we are for real out here in the Wild PNW.

I was impressed by the quality of competition by everyone. Seaberg rolls in Sunday and takes #1 right off with his #2 car? A final 4 consisting of a Dodge wagon, an ElCamino, a Firebird and a Camaro? Al Falcone on the property? Nothing but fun!
Liked