HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Competition

Old 04-03-2022, 03:23 PM   #11
Tom P

Liked 208 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: Al Ackerman engine in F/D

I guess that is the way to handle the power with that combo. I recall a Mercruiser 4 banger Comp car several years ago with the stock die cast Mercruiser block and it was the weak link even with a lot of reinforcement.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:36 AM   #12
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 919 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom P View Post
I guess that is the way to handle the power with that combo. I recall a Mercruiser 4 banger Comp car several years ago with the stock die cast Mercruiser block and it was the weak link even with a lot of reinforcement.
Tom, I think you are thinking of the white roadster that ran K/A some years ago, and was raced by a guy from Saskatchewan Canada, named David Fromm (sp?). I believe that is the same car that Clint Neff still runs in K/AA.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:33 AM   #13
Charles Stewart

Liked 471 Times in 142 Posts

I think that Michael Hanrraty used to run a Mercruiser 248 cu.in. 4 cylinders block a few years ago on his altered.
If my memory is right he is now using a different block today. Something like a CN block (half DRCE 2) or Rodeck ???But I'm really not 100% sure.
Charles Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:39 PM   #14
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

I believe some of the K/A(A) cars are using a billet block made by Weston Machine that accepts a Pro Stock head. I'm not sure if there is just a GM version or one that accepts a Ford or Mopar head as well.

https://www.competitionplus.com/drag...ces-the-drc-iv
Old 09-06-2022, 10:57 AM   #15
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

Al has several motors for his F/D.. he's done well with a conventional 4 cylinder, KRP block and splayed valve head, and also played with a half of a small block V8 with a splayed valve head.. recently, he purchased a motor from Greco Racing.. I believe the billet block was designed and produced by Grumpy Jenkins and Dick Maskins (DART).. the head is also billet, and designed and produced by Grumpy Jenkins and Tom Slawko.. all engine combos are fuel injected..

We all know how fast this motor was in L/AA with Greco Racing, with an automatic behind it.. Al is just getting the handle on the stick combo now, and in recent testing was awful fast.. keep an eye on him at Virginia and Maple Grove...
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote