HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
Don Higgins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Weather station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
And literally no one in the world other than drag racers using pagers since about the mid-1990s, so...

Weird, just this week at the hospital the doctors and nurses all had one, every restaurant I went to they gave us those disks that vibrate ( which are just pagers by the way ), and "Blart" the mall security guard had one.

They didn't get the message apparently....
Don Higgins - Super Comp #360H
Don Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #12
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 414 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Higgins View Post
The only reason any weather station will "step over" another is if the transmitter has been modified and now "bleeds over" to other frequencies. They think it helps the range but it really does the opposite.

The only place I see this is in Division 7 where some Top Alcohol team ( yet to be determined ) which causes problems for racers at Vegas and a few other places.

There are a million frequencies and many millions of cap codes for the pagers so there should be zero problems.

One other item is to make sure your paging weather stations do not have the antenna wire coiled up, that causes problems for some.
That explains why at the last 3 Vegas races the pager sometimes would not read correctly once in a while. Interesting!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #13
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Higgins View Post
Weird, just this week at the hospital the doctors and nurses all had one, every restaurant I went to they gave us those disks that vibrate ( which are just pagers by the way ), and "Blart" the mall security guard had one.

They didn't get the message apparently....
http://www.npr.org/2012/07/18/156956...agers-obsolete

Quote:
Edds is literally the only person I could find who still tracks pager use. The market research firms I talked to stopped studying pagers so long ago, they no longer even keep records of the data. But Edds says even though pagers are still widely used, 70 percent of hospitals report using or experimenting with smartphones.
And a mall cop parody -- where the whole point was to show how ridiculous it was -- great recommendation.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #14
Glenn Quinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you all for some great information. I will go with the hand held weather Performaire, Eclipse.
Glenn Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote