HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 11-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #11
Frank Rizzo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Tuning ET with msd grid

Ok so having an indicator of time from launch is ok and not against nhra rules? I have to take your word for it. It seems like a grey area.

I have seen guys run the same dial for 3 days in a row, they must have something going on.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #12
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I would ask NHRA, if it is a all electronics class, and allow timers, and throttle controls, and your going to ban me for having a idiot lite come on. I am getting old, so if I am banned for having a lite come on, then so be it. The racers are tough, and if you think I am going to look at the light going 140, when the other guys is going 170, you have no idea. Steve Williams S/G 351N, small block Ford probe with a clutch and a five speed.
Easy there Maverick, i was talking about blatant cheating, ie: using matty box, arc control, or having a delay box hidden in a class that does not allow it. now if the light coming on to give you track position to et. then it is a form of cheating and that should get a warning then if found again yes, banned. The light coming on would be a tough one to police as i had a shift light that would come on around the mph cone. i was asked about that, at the time is was just that a shift light. it came on at 6500 rpm no matter where i was at on the track.... lol
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-08-2019, 08:58 PM   #13
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 517 Posts
Cool Re: Tuning ET with msd grid

I have been wondering, What was your true intent when you decided to make a timer turn on a light at the 1000' ??????
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:18 PM   #14
n5ifi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I would ask NHRA, if it is a all electronics class, and allow timers, and throttle controls, and your going to ban me for having a idiot lite come on. I am getting old, so if I am banned for having a lite come on, then so be it. The racers are tough, and if you think I am going to look at the light going 140, when the other guys is going 170, you have no idea. Steve Williams S/G 351N, small block Ford probe with a clutch and a five speed.
What is the light used for?
Does it trigger anything else?
n5ifi is offline   Reply With Quote