HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-14-2020, 10:07 PM   #1
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts
Default CRN, Thanks

This post will be about thanking everyone and some thoughts, warning it may be a little long.

I guess if I could put this race into one word it would be "Humbled" I am so blessed with the people that surround me. Me and Timothy Fletcher thought about putting on an event like this just before they canceled the points meet here a few months back, but there was no open slot as they ran the junior dragsters that weekend. Never thinking that the covid would last this long and that the Maple Grove Nationals would be canceled, we decided to go for it as the slot opened up for this race. So with less than 4 weeks to put it all together and guidance from Dan Fletcher and Pete Biondo the Class Racer Nationals was on. The first issue was seeing if Numidia could host this race on such short noticed. Wow, how accommodating the DiMino family was, they said lets do it!

Obviously thanking the sponsors is a priority, but the staff I work with gets first billing. We call them the 30 under crew, these guys a girls were amazing never missing a beat and always organized. Pete Biondo was such a huge help, so we jokingly called the staff the 30 under crew and Pete, he is slightly over 30. So with out boring everyone I have to thank my fine crew....

Timothy Fletcher... the great organizer
Deanna Fletcher... one word, outstanding
Christina DiBartolomeo... graphics designer, the best!
Ben Haight... the man at the mic!
Kayln Guenther... no need to tell her twice
Paul Guenther... always there when you need him.
Bill Holmes... the go to guy for the head of the lanes
Dave Ley... outstanding tech, couldn't of done this race without him.

You can not put a race like this on without the right people behind you. This is why the race went so smooth. We did missed the finals on Sunday, we just needed ten more minutes and we could have had done. The rains came and we had to call it. The 4 finalist had no issues splitting the purse.

I'm humbled and appreciate all your kind words, but this race was about the people who worked it, not the guy getting all the thanks. I just used the Class Racer name and posted about it. The track personnel were the best, the men and woman new there jobs, the track was great all day.

Will we do another next year, well I hope so. It all depends NHRA's schedule goes next year. I really want to put on another one, but I want to make it worth while. I want it to fit into everyone's schedule.

We all know who the sponsors are as I posted almost everyday. Brian Oakes and Denny Steward were one of the first to come on board to get sponsors and promote this race, I can't thank them enough.

Thanks to everyone that supported this event. When it it comes down it, the race could not happen without your participation. We had a total of 137 cars, a very good showing for two classes.

Thank you all so much.... Class Racers are the best!
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #2
Duane Eiskant II

Liked 53 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: CRN, Thanks

Thanks again Kenny and crew! Count me in for the next one(s), just I’m going to bring a running car next time.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:27 PM   #3
butch8908

Liked 541 Times in 112 Posts

Ken, any chance for class racer nationals event shirts? Would love to have one even though I couldn’t make it with my camera.
Thanks. Butch from SC.
butch8908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:13 AM   #4
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Outstanding job Ken and Team!

There is definitely passion for the sport! Putting on an event is quite a commitment!

Thank you for supporting class racing!
Old 09-15-2020, 08:06 AM   #5
ss125h

Liked 81 Times in 29 Posts

Yo Ken, Congrats to you, your team !! sorry i could not make it, but followed on c/racer. Will make every effort in 2021. God bless, Glen H
ss125h is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #6
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch8908 View Post
Ken, any chance for class racer nationals event shirts? Would love to have one even though I couldn’t make it with my camera.
Thanks. Butch from SC.
I will be doing Class Racer Nationals t-shirts.... stayed tuned.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #7
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts

Congratulations to all on what sounds like a very successful event. Reading the post reminds me that we, as Americans, are now, and have always been, the prime motive force in the world. Though some have tried to make us feel ashamed of it, Americans have the reputation for living our lives by the credo "lead, follow, or get out of the way". We don't wait for things to happen, we MAKE them happen. With NHRA seemingly not sure of where it's going (or how it's going to get there), racers waited patiently through "lead" and "follow", and finally said (politely) "Please get out of the way; we'll just do it ourselves". And they have. All across America, local class racer organizations have sprung up, led and supported by racers who accept the reality that you are responsible for your own life and happiness. If you want, go get it. Again, congratulations, folks.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:37 AM   #8
Jerry Terry

Liked 446 Times in 132 Posts
Thumbs up Re: CRN, Thanks

Ken I also followed it on Facebook Class Racer and it was awesome Great Job to all cant wait till next year maybe spectators will be allowed. Again great job to all involved.

Jerry
Retired 3490 3492 STK SS SST
Jerry Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:29 PM   #9
Ryan Horensky

Liked 109 Times in 18 Posts

This was a great event and I hope it happens again next year! Everyone did a unbelievable job behind the scenes to make it happen. Generally, when racers are racing, we really take for granted the amount of time and effort it takes to put an event together. I personally paid attention to this for this race, because it was basically put together in less than a month. Numidia is my home track, so the event taking place there was a huge positive for me. My shortest tow all year. Lol. I did have a few take-aways from the event.

1.) Timmy Fletcher was definitely the MVP. He drove great all weekend all while working the event as well. Kenny's under 30 team did an exceptional job.

2.) Peter Biondo was great behind the mic and in the staging lanes. I really understand why Pete and Kyle's Spring Fling Races are so successful. I loved his stories over the mic, because a lot of the stories he told, happened when I was a kid just tagging along to the races with my dad.

3.) There is no such thing as home track advantage. At least for me. I sucked pretty bad this past weekend. Lol

4.) I don't think Phil Monteith ages. He looks the same as he did 20 years ago

Once again it was a great event, a fun event, and I'm really looking forward to it happening again next year!
Ryan Horensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:31 PM   #10
Mopar Mike

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: CRN, Thanks

Ken, sorry so late, but I want to say Congrats to you and your team for putting a great weekend together! Looking forward to next year! Mike McGrath
Mopar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote