HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: What do you guys think? Drag car or Street car?

It all fell into place when you said you just turned 18.Good for you ,you have alot of ambition but you need to have a thick skin to get through life.If you're going to race seriously putting a sbc in a moostang is a minor thing.Go to the class section.Now there's some really serious **** going on there.I wouldn't recommend the lounge yet.We eat 18 year olds for breakfast.Right Sean?
All in fun.

Ed F.
Slowwww Stocker
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #12
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
It all fell into place when you said you just turned 18.Good for you ,you have alot of ambition but you need to have a thick skin to get through life.If you're going to race seriously putting a sbc in a moostang is a minor thing.Go to the class section.Now there's some really serious **** going on there.I wouldn't recommend the lounge yet.We eat 18 year olds for breakfast.Right Sean?
All in fun.

Ed F.
Slowwww Stocker
Bring back the Draft. A couple of years in the Army or Marines would toughen him up.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #13
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Bring back the Draft. A couple of years in the Army or Marines would toughen him up.
I don't know if they still use them but when I served (1963-65) they were just phasing in the new Ford Jeeps.4 cyl. 4 wheel independent suspension.I hope he wouldn't want his with a small block chebby.LOL
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you guys think? Drag car or Street car?

so does everyone in the drag racing world act like this to eachother? Jerkoffs? oh and by the way. i dont need any toughening up i've started on my football team for 7 straight years as a defensive end and i've cracked many heads hurt a lot of quarterbacks and runningbacks. A few years in the army or marines? i would because my moms side of the fam are all in the corps. but no its not happening. I'm a type 1 diabetic and i depend on insulin to keep me alive. so that is out of the question. if i wasnt i'd be in the marine corps or air force and probably be a pilot. and as for the drag car thing. yeah buddy i dont have a drag car so thats why im building this chev-stang lol im not lucky like a lot of guys my age who their parents cater to them on a silver platter and put them into an already built race car. i had to save up for my my tahoe, my trailor, and my chev-stang so i could race because i grew up around this stuff all of my life cause my dad was a racer and i love cars and the sport of drag racing, but now i cant depend on him to help me with my build or anything because of his declining health so i come on here and to ask questions and help about the build but i get treated like trash so. whatever.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! KU!!!

Last edited by dragster2006; 09-14-2009 at 06:17 PM.
dragster2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Cool Pvt. emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster2006 View Post
i really think its gonna be fun building this car, lol its gonna make a lot of ford fans mad but hey. its cheap. its fast. screw what they think. this is my first car i'm bulding by myself so i am pretty excited to do it. considering the fact i just turned 18 and finally got a job that pays enough so that i can do this lol so im excited.
I see the problem.....He is 18 and cannot take a joke. Anyone who is a car lover knows there are those who are brand paticular. All I said was the ENGINE (a Chebbie) in a FORD would catch hives. B-F-D and he wants to call people a dick head and send piss poor Pvt emails . He needs to suck it up and grow up. I think it is great to build your own car at such a young age. Build it the way YOU want it but your going to catch a lot of grief from Ford people AND Chevy people for cross breeding the drive train. Face up to it. Good luck on your project.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 09-14-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #16
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pvt. emails.

Quote:
I see the problem.....He is 18 and cannot take a joke. Anyone who is a car lover knows there are those who are brand paticular. All I said was the ENGINE (a Chebbie) in a FORD would catch hives. B-F-D and he wants to call people a dick head and send piss poor Pvt emails . He needs to suck it up and grow up. I think it is great to build your own car at such a young age. Build it the way YOU want it but your going to catch a lot of grief from Ford people AND Chevy people for cross breeding the drive train. Face up to it. Good luck on your project.
yeah i think its bull**** how you act man. did you act like that towards people at events since you were a tech insepection guy? did you say **** like that to people? is that why you're retired? did the nhra fire you because you put racers and everybody else down?

Old 09-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #17
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Pvt. emails.

Quote:
yeah i think its bull**** how you act man. did you act like that towards people at events since you were a tech insepection guy? did you say **** like that to people? is that why you're retired? did the nhra fire you because you put racers and everybody else down?
See....You do NOT know how to act or talk to people. You react like a little punk to a simple joke. If I was close to you I would be the first one there to help you assemble your engine/car. Prep your cylinder heads, etc. GROW UP. You dont know me. Im done.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you guys think? Drag car or Street car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kennedy View Post
You don't read this place much do you? That is mostly what goes on here.

Run 4.10 gears and a semi reasonable converter and you can drive it and bracket race it. But it won't be as consistent without a ton of gear and converter.

Do you already have a race car? Then having a bracket car isn't that much use to you. If you don't, you need to get out there and get some win lights definitely build a race car.
yeah i've always wanted to build one lol growing up around my dad racing and my grandpa and his barret-jackson quality street rods it got to me lol i kept telling myself when i was about 12 or 13 im gonna do that some day. i wana make drag racing a career! and i've gone to every nhra event at heartland park topeka for the past 5 years and the division 5 races. but i know that if i wanted to compete in those it would have to be the super street catagory since im planning on running the chevy in the ford setup. i know all that crap. i did a **** load of research on it. reading the whole damn nhra rulebook lol but for now since im not the richest gearhead in the world the chevy engine is cheap for me and the mustang body is too, and so i just put two and two together and here i am. i know im not gonna be running 10 second passes and im not gonna be able to compete in the nhra competition so thats why i posted in the bracket forum cause i know i can compete bracket races. lol and i'll take your word on it about the 4.10 gears.

Last edited by dragster2006; 09-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
See....You do NOT know how to act or talk to people. You react like a little punk to a simple joke. If I was close to you I would be the first one there to help you assemble your engine/car. Prep your cylinder heads, etc. GROW UP. You dont know me. Im done.
good im glad you're done, and quite frankly im glad i dont know you, you remind me of my ****ing asshole father thats why i cant depend on him for advice on this ****. i didnt join this forum to JOKE, i joined for professional help from fellow racers buddy. and i DO know how to act to people. i'm a really nice person but its people like you who piss me off because you're an arrogant asshat!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #20
John Quinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
good im glad you're done, and quite frankly im glad i dont know you, you remind me of my ****ing asshole father thats why i cant depend on him for advice on this ****. i didnt join this forum to JOKE, i joined for professional help from fellow racers buddy. and i DO know how to act to people. i'm a really nice person but its people like you who piss me off because you're an arrogant asshat!
What class.
John Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote