HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2021, 01:06 PM   #91
cs racing

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Did this just happen no generators?

If they really want to save on emissions and fuel consumption, close all Drive up windows and make people walk inside the restaurant to get food. Including “Starbucks “ thousands of cars set and idle all day at these drive up restaurants. I guess that would make to much sense. The ban is on All small engines, golf carts, pumps for irrigation, scooters, small equipment that contractors use, you name it we will all be effected by it.
cs racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #92
cs racing

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy55 View Post
California law to eventually ban gas-powered lawn equipment there's nothing listed about generators.
The New law does include Generators (All off-road gas powered engines “Including Generators” it pretty well cover any thing that has a small engine!
cs racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #93
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
California law to eventually ban gas-powered lawn equipment there's nothing listed about generators.

AB 1346 applies to all Small Off Road Engines (SORE) which are defined as less than 25HP. Includes generators and chainsaws. Exceptions are allowed for applications that are not technically feasible. Yes, you can spend $5,000 on a Yeti Goal Zero, but all you really get is a lithium battery with 2000w from 2 120v outlets. My little dual fuel Champion has 2400 in output and cost me $700. Don't even ask about the chainsaw. I have a Stihl gas saw and my wife has a corded off brand. I will never use the Great White Shark of power tools with an extension cord. Bad idea. We were without power for two weeks after the Clinton Inaugural Day Windstorm. Power from a big *** generator and heat from firewood I cut with a gas saw. 'nuf said. Washington State has mild Winters but when the wind comes down from Alaska, I check my gas supply.
Politicians should be given the Quest of Tom Brown Jr. that is based on Southwest Native American Tracker traditions. Spend 4 seasons in the woods starting out with nothing but a knife. That's nothing as in nothing.

EDIT: I believe that more gas is burned going to church on Sunday than all of NASCAR. No more comments from me...

Last edited by FireSale; 10-16-2021 at 01:44 PM.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:29 PM   #94
Chevy55

Liked 167 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs racing View Post
The New law does include Generators (All off-road gas powered engines “Including Generators” it pretty well cover any thing that has a small engine!
Best I can verify is that it's an assumption that generators will be included in the small engine ban.

It makes absolutely no sense banning generators from safety standpoint like when public power goes out or you need power in a remote location. No sense at all!
Chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:49 PM   #95
Tom Meyer

Liked 301 Times in 105 Posts

The law make no sense, what about fire fighters , emergency workers, it is will tie the hands of the people that are there to help. Tom
Old 10-16-2021, 11:48 PM   #96
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

Shipping giant Maersk announced plans for a green methanol-powered vessel by 2023. But there isn't enough of the fuel to go around.
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #97
SSGN

Liked 130 Times in 46 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Did this just happen no generators?

They just put a stop to gliders in big rigs and owner operators. Looks like nobody wants to haul freight out of Cali. I drive truck and we avoid it like the plague. Careful what they wish for. No trucking company will invest in a new modern fleet at the rates today. Soooooo Cali might just screw themselves. I think if you want your freedom you need to move from Cali.

Kevin
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #98
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Best I can verify is that it's an assumption that generators will be included in the small engine ban.

It makes absolutely no sense banning generators from safety standpoint like when public power goes out or you need power in a remote location. No sense at all!
Considering California`s history of rolling blackouts in the past, I can imagine that having everybody plugging in all the electric cars they want people to be driving, plus all the smaller batteries for all the electric crap they expect to replace small gas engines with, California will be looking to Gilligan and The Professors pedal powered, coconut battery power generator to pick up the slack!
Old 10-17-2021, 05:36 PM   #99
Barry Polley

Liked 552 Times in 229 Posts

Newsome cannot ban gas generators. He can phase out future sales.. What happens in remote areas or local with medical issues that rely on them ? The grid will fail again or is shut down due to wind. It becomes a s a f e t y issue and I see lawsuits stacking up.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:03 PM   #100
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Here's the quote from the legislation.
"SEC. 2.Section 43018.11 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:
43018.11.(a) (1) By July 1, 2022, the state board shall, consistent with federal law, adopt cost-effective and technologically feasible regulations to prohibit engine exhaust and evaporative emissions from new small off-road engines, as defined by the state board. Those regulations shall apply to engines produced on or after January 1, 2024, or as soon as the state board determines is feasible, whichever is later."
Nothing solid until 2024 and that's new production model engines only. The "Consistent with federal law...cost effective and technologically feasible" parts may be difficult for these folks to manage in 8 months time.

EDIT: California needs to address it's ability to safely produce and distribute power to the public before passing dumb legislation telling people to use more rechargeable alternatives to gas engines for outdoor work. They have a power grid that is so compromised it is responsible for several of the larger wildfires over the past few years. PG&E has cut service during fire season to prevent fires. But then it's cheaper for Politicians to squeeze owners and manufacturers than invest in the future of the State of California.
When I finished college in the '70s in Ohio I wanted to teach in California, but you had to live in the state for several years to work in the school system so I wound up here in Washington State. Lucky me.

Last edited by FireSale; 10-17-2021 at 09:20 PM.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked