HOME FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Southern Stock and Super Stock Association

Old 10-30-2021, 04:27 PM   #1
Jim Woods

Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Default All racers

Please send all updated info to me so I can compile a list of s/ss racers who are interested in our group. Send to fastcars52 @netzero.com. Jim woods
Old 01-09-2022, 06:17 PM   #2
Carl Weisinger

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Talking Re: All racers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Woods View Post
Please send all updated info to me so I can compile a list of s/ss racers who are interested in our group. Send to fastcars52 @netzero.com. Jim woods
Hey Jim,
Best of luck with the SSSSA deal. The expense of racing on just about any level now is somewhat difficult to justify the cost. However, most of us have never let that completely stop us now have we?

Me and Randy have just finished a 3rd Dodge Drag Pak Challenger with a production engine built to Super Stock specs that we haven't even made a pass with. Doug Duell traded his 5.7 Gen 3 Hemi to me for all my 383 stuff and we had just about enough stuff to finish it off. Bought the Color Me Gone Drag Pak Roller from "Bondo Bob" Leeth in Ohio for a fair price. It was just like new inside and out. Randy Lindamood built it for his Dad as tribute to him and put only a few runs on it before Roger passed.

Randy Weisinger has been driving the 64 Savoy Tim Takash built for me that he finished back in 2010. Considering a freshen up on the 5.9 Small Block this year. We have about 5 plus a little more seasons on it and no problems with it at all except we burnt the end off a push rod right off the bat. Denny came right down to the shop and fixed it with one of his custom push rods and no more problems with the engine at all.
We can run FSS or FGT with two of the Drag Paks. One is a 5.9 Drag Pak Jeff Taylor small block engine like the one Denny Steward built for the 64 has and the other has the 5.7 Gen 3 Production Line engine. I know Denny and Jeff talked about these when they were being built and while the combinations are different,... the two cars run only a tick apart, sometimes just ,000's apart.

We'll do our best to make the reasonably close SSSSA races with at least one car. Randy will probably be the driver as I am having some knee and shoulder issues at the moment. I tell people if my knees clear up a little I'll be able to get IN a race car. And, if my rotator cuffs in my shoulders clear up I should be able to get OUT of one too.

Looking to trade my 1940 Plymouth Coupe All Mopar Hot Rod complete and running for a nice 68 Barracuda SS/AH or 69 Dart SS/AH roller. Complete AH car less engine, trans and headers. The 40 is my very first car that I bought in 1961 and still have. Tim Takash built it and can tell you all about it. I have a Gen 3 Drag Pak engine to make a FGT car out of the 68. It's mostly tube chassis, 4-link, coil-over, strut, all steel-all real solid car. Vic Fera 440 6-Barrel, Turbo-Action Torque Flite/Converter and Cheetah Shifter with a Dana 60.

Sorry,.... I'm sure all that is more than you wanted to know.

Good Luck Y'all......hope to see you soon.

Carl and Randy Weisinger
cedward@aol.com
407-257-1669
Carl Weisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-09-2022, 10:56 PM   #3
Jim Woods

Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: All racers

Thank you Carl.tjat was a great update for what you and Randy are doing.Glad you are doing better.looking forward to seeing you again.I will stop by and catch sometime.