HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts
Default Re: 48 cars in Stock at Bristol and...

Jason,

The bean counters at the motor sports outfits.

Blame for our tanking economy can find many places to rest.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts
Wink Re: 48 cars in Stock at Bristol and...

There are some friends of mine using used auto trans fluid in their diesels. They use a 50/50 blend and they filter it down to a 2 micron filter. Runs the same, no smoke and same temp. For racers who have diesels, at least you can save a buck if you have any auto trans repair shops near you. buy the old trans fluid for next to nothing.
Casey
248H
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #13
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
There are some friends of mine using used auto trans fluid in their diesels. They use a 50/50 blend and they filter it down to a 2 micron filter. Runs the same, no smoke and same temp. For racers who have diesels, at least you can save a buck if you have any auto trans repair shops near you. buy the old trans fluid for next to nothing.
Casey
248H
It seems like that would color the fuel RED and be cause for trouble if checked !!! Wouldn't it look like red dyed off road diesel ??? Which gets BIG fines !!
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #14
Casey Miles

I know what you are saying about the fines, my friends are using it in pickup trucks. Never heard of anyone stick a tank on them. Besides, they don't smoke and they don't smell any different.
Casey
248H
Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #15
Angela Macy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm coming in on the tail end of this and I may be misunderstanding what you're saying - if I am just ignore me - but if you're saying you don't know anyone who has had their fuel checked, now you do. Scott was in Albemarle, NC last year when he was pulled over by a NC Highway Patrolman and a DMV Enforcement officer. All that wanted was to check his diesel - he passed. $10,000 had he not. Maybe two years ago they came through Mooresville Dragway looking for stolen trailers and while they were there they checked a few diesel trucks too. No one was caught "red" handed there either. Apparently they just pull over diesels randomly.
Angela Macy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #16
Casey Miles

I don't have an answer for you, I just telling how to use a secondary fluid for diesels. If I had a diesel, just like in racing, there ways to get around policing bodies. A false neck to a false filled tank of diesel, spring in neck of gas tank so that it can't get down to the fuel. Down here in south Florida, there isn't much home heating oil to be found, the highway patrol is too busy trying to get people to slow down, not look into fuel tanks. I'm not trying to be smart, just telling people that there are diesel owner's using it down here.
Casey
Old 05-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #17
Angela Macy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for telling me how to do that. I own a transmission shop so we have plenty of transmission fluid I can use. Can you offer me any suggestions on how I might sleep at night knowing that I'm breaking the law and potentially facing a $10,000 fine if I get caught doing this?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
Casey Miles

Trust me, if you're paying taxes, you're getting screwed by a-holes who just piss away money on BS stuff. They just built a firehouse down here and they put in $150k in decorative stones. Feed the poor or put a roof over a homeless family, F no, we needed those decorations! I have no trouble sleeping at night just trying to save myself a few bucks.
Casey
Old 05-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #19
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

I will add this tip. If you are going to screw around with diesel fuel stay out of southern Illinois you will get caught they sit at stations, truck stops and other places regularlly. Here in IL it is 10,000 for getting caught plus additional fines based on how many gallons of storage you have. There was another thread on here about using cooking oil about a month or so ago this is basically the same thing. The government does not take kindly to stealing tax dollars.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:59 PM   #20
Angela Macy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Two wrongs don't make a right Casey. Try telling the Highway Patrol that it you were screwed when they put those decorative stones in, so you should be able to run illegal fuel in your truck, and see how far it gets you. Where do you draw the line on trying to "save a buck" the illegal way? Are you going to start stealing stuff from Walmart or rob a bank? They screw you over too with the outrageous markups and interest rates they charge.

Fact of the matter is, those few bucks saved on diesel fuel is not going to be the complete answer to your financial worries, you and me both are going to still have trouble sleeping at night. If you want to save money on the Bristol trip, go to the grocery store and buy steaks to grill and your own beer on Friday night rather than going out to eat at a steakhouse and spending $75. You'll save $55 right there.

By the way, Scott mentioned to me that one of the three times he's been pulled over to check his tag weight they also checked his diesel too, so he's been checked twice. And with the rising diesel prices you can only expect more people to try and save a buck or two, thus more fuel checks in our future. But hey, some people are lucky as hell in that respect, they never get caught. Us, we so much as think about it and we're going to jail. Good luck with it