HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #1
B Parker

Liked 2,311 Times in 454 Posts
Default Dave Lebrun/ Alan Peters Memorial Race

I want to thank everyone that made it to the race. All that helped keep it running about as good as you could ask for. When we first started to post about the race there were questions on how many would show up. Now we have that answer. If you didn't make it you miss one he** of a race. I haven't seen that many hand shakes and hugs and thanks you's at a race in a long time. Just got off the phone with Dave Ley and without him and his crew I don't know if we could have pulled it off. Thank you to Wayne and the Lebanon Valley Dragway crew. Multiple people have either texted me or called and they all said the same thing. One of the best races they have ever attended. We all know Dave Ley is one of the most passionate Stock/ Super Stock guys out there. When he told me it was one of the top three races he has ever been to say's it all. Thanks to Marc LaBrecque TJ Boucher and all the ASRA members. The ECSSA members. My partner in crime Greg Barsamian, Papa Frank Tantilo. To Dave LeBrun and Alan Peter's you may not still be here with us but Sunday showed you have not been forgotten. You both left your mark on our sport. I was glad to be a part of it all. I will post more as soon as I recoup from the weekend. Thank you all Barry

Last edited by B Parker; 06-24-2019 at 10:57 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #2
Dave Ley

Liked 242 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dave Ley
Default Re: Dave Lebrun/ Alan Peters Memorial Race

From the very first phone call when Barry started the inception of this race, I told him we were on board to help in any manner. I believe that Dave and Alan were smiling down on us yesterday as we honored them. On behalf of Bill Holmes, Russ Wernes and myself, I would like to thank everyone who participated and all of the generous sponsors in making this such a memorable and successful event. I would also like to thank the ASRA board for allowing this to be part of their program and to Wayne Delmonte and the LV staff . Barry Parker and Greg Barsamian put an enormous amount of effort into this event and deserve a big Thank You as well. Congrats to Lincoln Morehead on his win over James Perrone on Saturday and to Anthony Fetch defeating Joe Lisa in the big event on Sunday. With the theme of the event as it was, it was fitting that the winning car was a Dave LeBrun car ! This was by far one of the most satisfying events I have had the pleasure of being involved with. Well done everyone !!!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:28 PM   #3
Gary Parker

Liked 373 Times in 50 Posts

I have to agree with both Barry and Dave. This was a spectacular race. So many people showed up just to watch. People we have not seen in years. Barry and Gregg did an amazing job. 108 cars on Sunday for an association race is truly amazing. Every one who was there deserves a pat on the back. They will be talking about this race for years to come. Thanks to all who made this a great weekend. Gary
Old 06-24-2019, 07:24 PM   #4
Lee Valentine

Liked 322 Times in 68 Posts

Thanks to all involved in pulling this race off,had a ball racing with my friends and my Son.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,071 Times in 765 Posts

It's a great time to be D1 racer with this very special race, the ECSSA, ASRA D1 National Opens and the NHRA Lucas OIl schedule. Wow!

Thank you Barry Parker, Dave Ley, LVD and everyone who made this happen to honor two of the greatest guys I had the privilege of racing with.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:59 PM   #6
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 688 Times in 182 Posts

It was definitely a great race put on by Barry Parker, Greg B., ASRA, East Coast Crew
& LVD. My brother & I enjoyed both days of racing, catching up with friends, etc..

Barry, just wondering who won All of those other awards like:
Best Pkg.
Perfect RT
Long Distance Tow
Stick car that went the furthest
Etc, Etc.....

Hope theirs more races like this in the future !!
Old 06-25-2019, 06:14 AM   #7
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
It was definitely a great race put on by Barry Parker, Greg B., ASRA, East Coast Crew
& LVD. My brother & I enjoyed both days of racing, catching up with friends, etc..

Barry, just wondering who won All of those other awards like:
Best Pkg.
Perfect RT
Long Distance Tow
Stick car that went the furthest
Etc, Etc.....

Hope theirs more races like this in the future !!
Pete, I had a Horshoe up my a** went "Trip Zip" driving Mark and Paula Callanan's G/SA Camaro, Got a "crisp $100.00 bill" from Joe Lisa (Thanks again Joe)

"Long Distance Tow": Louis Gill
"Stick Car" that went the furthest: Dave Casey
Not sure on the Best Package?

Thanks Again to all the Racers, Sponsors, and Volunteers that participated, donated, attended and financially $upported this event.

To Howard Commander, Wayne Delmonte, their staff and employeees at Lebenon Valley Dragway.

Dave Ley, Bill Holmes, and Russ Wernes from the East Coast Stock SuperStock Association for thir tireless help in Managing the event!

To the All Star Racing Association members and Board of Directors for allowing this event to run in conjunction with their "Double Header" weekend.

To John, Christine & Tim Gray, Gary Richards, and Anthony Fetch for having Both of Dave LeBrun's Camaros attend and participate in the Memorial Service

To Rose & Colleen Peters and Alan & John Wojciechowski for having Alan's Endless Flight Camaro there and running

To Ernie Raschke & Rob Jackson for Announcing and providing a "filtting rendition" for our fallen frends

It was a labor of Love & Respect in Memory of 2 GREAT RACERS,

Lastly to Barry Parker for his "endless determination" to "host and manage" a "First Class" Memorial event of this magnitude!

Sincerely
Greg Barsamian
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
Mick Smallridge

Liked 22 Times in 4 Posts

Awesome Job by everyone involved with putting this event together ... It looks like it could have not gone any better, Great Weather, Great Car count and some great Racing as well, Congratulations to Anthony Fetch and the P.C. Richard Team along with the other finalist as well, for those who don't know, I was very close to Dave and I will always cherish the great memories that I have of him, I personally appreciate all of the effort that went into making this happen, I'm sure that Dave and Alan were watching from above and are extremely thankful and proud that such an amazing event was held in their honor, this photo shows them doing battle at C I R in 1981
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51395601_10216073974595117_5621944033904427008_n.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	50469  
Mick Smallridge is offline   Reply With Quote