HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
J518

Liked 151 Times in 37 Posts
Default Transbrake or Electrical issue?

Hey Guys looking for some guidance here...
The issue I am having is my transbrake will not hold when I bring the rpms up to the two step. Not all the time but of course the last two divisionals in second round it decides not to. I run super street with a powerglide and sbc setup. When I stage the car I set the transbrake and let my foot off the actual brakes, car holds fine then, when I mash the gas its like I never had the transbrake on. It has tried to engage before about 3ft out and sent me into the steering wheel before I was able to release the button.
I had the same issue at the end of last year when running at Great Bend so over the winter I put a total different transmission in. Happen at topeka this year so I thought my steering wheel button was the issue, on my third button this year with same result. I've checked every wire connection I could think of. Also another side note is I run top and bottom bulb races in between divisionals with no issues. Put 24 passes on at Onawa two weeks ago without an issue. Last week at Earlville, 2 out of 4 passes it happened. I put a camera inside the car to make sure I wasn't flinching of some sort and its clear I am not.

Leads me to think of 3 scenarios:
1. My delay box has an issue(Elite 500) when I only run around .030 of delay in it but I would think it wouldn't hold the car in the first place then??
2. Voltage issue -The only difference in the car from when I run top/mod vs SST is the added electric throttle stop. I run a 40 amp alternator but is the added load of the throttle stop putting me where there is not enough juice to hold the transbrake but if it holds at idle shouldn't it hold at higher rpms? or is fluid pressure higher and overcoming it.
3.Grounding issues- This wouldn't explain why it only happens in SST form but the car is Chrom Moly, is there a rule of thumb when grounding to chrom moly chassis?
Sorry for the long post but pulling my hair out on this one...
J518 is offline   Reply With Quote