HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2021, 04:10 PM   #11
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts
Default Re: “Live” from St Louis 2021 divisional

Well we got 38 miles from track and received text from the track saying the race is postponed! And it has been snowing on us the past half hour!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #12
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well we got 38 miles from track and received text from the track saying the race is postponed! And it has been snowing on us the past half hour!
Larry, let’s make LEMONADE out of lemons. Treat Patsy to dinner at LAMBERTS on the way home. There is a cool display of old license plates on the walls.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-20-2021, 05:36 PM   #13
Wes Leopold jr

Liked 74 Times in 15 Posts

Postponed ! North Central Division World Wide Technology Event Postponed
Officials from World Wide Technology Raceway and the National Hot Rod Association today announced the postponement of the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Regional event scheduled for this weekend, April 23-24-25, 2021. The event will now be in run in conjunction with the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event scheduled for September 30-October 3, 2021 to create a ‘double-divisional’ event race week.

After consultation with multiple weather service providers, the forecast calls for rain throughout the weekend that would not enable track and series adequate time to properly conduct qualifying and eliminations. The decision was made early in an attempt to provide racers adequate time to alter travel plans.

Competitors currently pre-entered in the event will have their entries automatically transferred or they can request a refund by contacting the track. Pre-entered competitors will not need to take any further action with their existing entry.

The double-divisional event schedule will take place the weekend following the NHRA Midwest Nationals which is scheduled for September 24-26, 2021.
Wes Leopold jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:11 PM   #14
Dragrac419

Liked 176 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
You could turn around and head to SGMP for this weekend's D2 race. Friday and Sunday look good but Saturday is looking like a washout if the weather stays the same as predicted
Old 04-21-2021, 09:24 AM   #15
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

[QUOTE=Wes Leopold jr;639033]Postponed ! North Central Division World Wide Technology Event Postponed
Officials from World Wide Technology Raceway and the National Hot Rod Association today announced the postponement of the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Regional event scheduled for this weekend, April 23-24-25, 2021. The event will now be in run in conjunction with the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event scheduled for September 30-October 3, 2021 to create a ‘double-divisional’ event race week.

After consultation with multiple weather service providers, the forecast calls for rain throughout the weekend that would not enable track and series adequate time to properly conduct qualifying and eliminations. The decision was made early in an attempt to provide racers adequate time to alter travel plans.

Competitors currently pre-entered in the event will have their entries automatically transferred or they can request a refund by contacting the track. Pre-entered competitors will not need to take any further action with their existing entry.

The double-divisional event schedule will take place the weekend following the NHRA Midwest Nationals which is scheduled for September 24-26, 2021.[/QUOTT

The decision was the right one made
Old 04-21-2021, 09:27 AM   #16
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

The Track decision-makers made the correct decision a real pretty young lady came over to give me a pass to test at the next div 3 race at St Louis She was very professional and as usual, I told her Women can control the world but cannot control the weather seriously I had just gotten the weather station set up when the race was canceled just after I left the snowstorm came it was very tough driving as the snow was thick had a great time coming g back to TN as Wanda My GPS person on my Phone got fired she took me on some amazing back roads on the way I drove for 25 miles and only saw two cars lol at Wanda and me WANDA HAS BEEN REPLACED
Old 04-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #17
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

We looked at going to South Georgia but 600 miles was a little too far to go on a whim! Everyone else will have to help Jim and Pam celebrate their 51st anniversary this weekend!

MJ, Lamberts isn’t on the way home or we would have stopped!

Y’all all have fun at South Georgia and don’t forget to check out Mama June’s! Great fried okra!!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #18
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

what does one do on there birthday?
Watched it snow in the middle of April (in St Louis), sitting inside the RV all day, made a 500 mile trip from another race track thinking i would take advantage of saving some time and gas money by not going back home, only to watch this unreal mess happen. Great call canceling the event I feel as the ground was cold enough to collect snow and I felt they would of never gotten the track temp up enough to get the hp classes (Alcohol-Comp-TD-TS) or super classes (because of the stupid timers that make cars go big MPH) down the track. Yes there was a SS/Stock event held there 2 wks before in freezing *** weather, but we are talking about different, faster classes being there for the double header. Here are 2 pictures I took when i did go outside. Plus driving around Indy bypass on Weds afternoon, had a white out, seen many people spin out, my parents and myself made it home safely and I hope I don't have to do that kind of trip again.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:09 AM   #19
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

Here are 2 pictures from track
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow1.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	57177   Click image for larger version

Name:	snow2.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	57178  
Old 04-22-2021, 09:06 PM   #20
TOSTO RACING

Liked 471 Times in 136 Posts

Its a shame because wed and today would have been fast for you guys.

Last edited by TOSTO RACING; 04-22-2021 at 09:26 PM.
TOSTO RACING is offline   Reply With Quote