HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2021, 08:38 AM   #1
Markeracer

Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts
Default World Doorslammer Nationals STK/SS Combo

Light turnout. What does this say about racing for $$$$$ vs a Wally?

https://dragillustrated.com/2021-wor...fying-results/
Markeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:58 AM   #2

Liked 925 Times in 240 Posts
Default Re: World Doorslammer Nationals STK/SS Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeracer View Post

As much as the higher payout and association races attract some. I feel they will never replace NHRA divisionals and national events. The chance of winning class at Indy outweighs the chance to win one of these high dollar races for most. There will a place for those races, but I don't know if most will skip the NHRA race to attend. There is not alot of attraction to show off the hard work and effort of trying to be one of the fastest in your combos or class at the Big$$ race or association race.

That said I make every attempt to attend all the East Coast association races.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-06-2021, 10:05 AM   #3
Dragrac419

Liked 176 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeracer View Post

First it was a $500 entry fee and the payout was not that great other than to win. And it was also on the top of the Baby Gators and I think running for a class win out ways a small chance to win the big money. Let’s see what happens in Ga the week end after the Gators before making any judgements. Btw 109 stockers and 89 super stockers in Gainesville this weekend.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

SCHEDULING IS EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t ever UNDERESTIMATE the ALLURE of a WALLY ........Many times an OLD, RETIRED racer is not necessarily attracted to a LARGE purse ...
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:33 PM   #5
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts

Well all i have to say is, i was one of the 23, "i think" that supported this race, First off yes entry was $500.00 and they dropped it to $350.00,for 10 GRAND, I had stuff to test, so i came here, for the $350.00 that included 1 day of testing, 3 Q runs, yea don't have to lift at the 1000', don't worry about that 1.00 sec. and getting it flagged, or 1.20 instant hp on Monday and tear down and maybe a 1 year vacation. Also i want to Thank Richard Freeman and Wes Buck for putting this race on, and the assume BBQ last night and the track for getting the track ready after the rain and continuing Q runs on Sat. i know we don't do this for the money, but it sure help's Monday morning,lol, so i hope some of you people will support the Southern Sportsman race in Adel, in 2 weeks, there will be no HP added to your index there, just a good time, hope to see yea all there and good luck chasing Wally and the couple grand. Drive fast and be safe. Brian
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:55 AM   #6
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,424 Times in 1,952 Posts

If we could be two places at once.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:07 AM   #7
GATOR

Liked 56 Times in 17 Posts

Putting this race up against a points meet and having the racer have to choose one over the other is clearly not the answer, especially 100 miles apart.

Walk through the pits and just look at the truck and trailers and you know the Stock and Super Stock guys are not racing for $. When NHRA lowers the quotas even more and has a grade 9 and grade 10, maybe then everyone crying about how stupid NHRA is for not taking all entrants at a national event will see the way NHRA is thinking. The NHRA event is a draw because of the people there. If you could have an association race with ALL the classes from Top Alcohol down to super street, live TV coverage (Warren Evans style), DRC reporting results, a grade point (lol) and a chance to get your pic in their monthly publication with a trophy (wally), then you stand a chance. Forcing the racer to choose was simply a lose/lose for both the racer and the promoter.
GATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:24 AM   #8
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts

Mr Gator, it was not there mine deal, for putting this race on top of the baby gators, with them doing the Pro Stock and Pro Mod race , no better place to run it, , 23 cars and they still paid the full payout. Ya the rig's are bigger, but i still race for the dollar, being retired for 6 yrs, this money will go a long way for getting my new bracket car ready, Trust me these promoters will try again next year, and i will support them , where is your car completing this weekend. Thanks again Wes Buck and Richard Freeman for the great support and race. Thanks Brian Oakes
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:30 AM   #9
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Oakes View Post
Well all i have to say is, i was one of the 23, "i think" that supported this race, First off yes entry was $500.00 and they dropped it to $350.00,for 10 GRAND, I had stuff to test, so i came here, for the $350.00 that included 1 day of testing, 3 Q runs, yea don't have to lift at the 1000', don't worry about that 1.00 sec. and getting it flagged, or 1.20 instant hp on Monday and tear down and maybe a 1 year vacation. Also i want to Thank Richard Freeman and Wes Buck for putting this race on, and the assume BBQ last night and the track for getting the track ready after the rain and continuing Q runs on Sat. i know we don't do this for the money, but it sure help's Monday morning,lol, so i hope some of you people will support the Southern Sportsman race in Adel, in 2 weeks, there will be no HP added to your index there, just a good time, hope to see yea all there and good luck chasing Wally and the couple grand. Drive fast and be safe. Brian
I really shouldn't ask this question but is there a reason that you would be concerned about teardown and a year off? Congrats on the win. As far as timing goes that weekend makes great sense for the pro classes but was a really bad choice for S/SS I think if there would not have been class at the baby gators. The number of people that would have been there would have been much better.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #10
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 842 Times in 192 Posts

Congrats Brian!
Nice bag of $ to take home.
Thanks to all that put up the prize.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote