HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Old 03-07-2019, 04:25 AM   #141
J&S Racing

Liked 287 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: 69 Camaro B/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Martens View Post
I have the same. I also had a spring from the fork to the other end of the rod where it attaches to the Z bar to prevent the rod from popping off the fork. Since then though I had the fork modified to attach the rod with a rod end. Also, keep in mind if you are using a spacer between the block and bell for clutch clearance, that will give you more room for throw out bearing clearance. I use the shortest throw out bearing I could find available from NAPA. I can get you the number if you want. Are you planning on the Maple Grove Divisional?
Good luck with the rest of the build!
I ended up not using a spacer. I have the McLeod adjustable throwout bearing so I should be able to dial it in.

Don’t think I’ll make the Grove. I’m also in the process of putting a new combo together for my dragster. The plan is to run most of the season at our home track (NED). I wanna get my GF some more seat time in the digger while I sort out the stocker. If everything goes good Id like to hit the Dutch for my first race in stock.
J&S Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #142
J&S Racing

Been busy..

Wiring is 75% done.

Got her down on the ground today to get a idea on the stance. Back sits good for no weight or fuel. The fronts right about where I want it but there’s a problem!!! How it sits the shock is bottomed out. I think Marty Rinehart sells some weld on ears to drop the shock through the lower control arm, gonna give him s call tomorrow.

I was inspired by the “how to lighten a stocker” thread. Put my 2 step switch bracket through a lightning program, lol can mark that off the list. Pedal stop is next.
Liked
Old 04-21-2019, 08:43 PM   #143
Dave Gantz

Liked 219 Times in 114 Posts

It's looking good.
Did you happen to remove one end of both front shocks to see if it's going to sit even lower?
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:23 AM   #144
J&S Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gantz View Post
It's looking good.
Did you happen to remove one end of both front shocks to see if it's going to sit even lower?
I did not, I had to add a few old batteries as weight to counter for the hood, battery and water and that just gets the shock bottomed out.

Looks like I might have bigger problems, I emailed Marty last night and he got right back to me. Apparently the ears only add 3/4”. Something tells me I have the incorrect length shock. . Gonna pull one today and measure.
Liked
Old 04-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #145
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

Car looks great!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #146
RKelliher

Liked 146 Times in 46 Posts

Great build.But I noticed Tim Stickle's post on roll cage bars extending past firewall. He is right according to my 2019 rule book.The general rules seem to refer to corvettes.My want to call NHRA tech.Don't want to see you have trouble at tech in a race. Also check rule on radiator. Again ,great build.
RKelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:17 AM   #147
J&S Racing

The rule on the bars is like 3 years old now. I was told about this by Dave Ley at the end of the season before the change. The following year I spoke to the lead tech at National event.

Look closer at the rule book..... Roll BAR can NOT run past firewall.
Roll CAGE CAN run past firewall and over inner fenders connecting to frame horns.

I think it’s been 5 years or so since they allowed aluminum replacement radiators and that’s exactly what I have.

I’m sure my build pisses off some of the old school stock racers but I set out on a mission to build this car to today’s rules. Race seats, aluminum radiator, aftermarket heads, roller rockers, over caged, ect.....

Don’t hate the player, hate the game..lol
Liked
Old 04-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #148
J&S Racing

Can’t say enough about Marty and Rineharts Performance, not only did he email me back last night he called me on his way in this morning. So I have the correct length shocks but it looks like the way I have them mounded is causing the shock body to catch the frame pocket. Should be a easy fix with his brackets
Liked
Old 04-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #149
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 819 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&S Racing View Post
The rule on the bars is like 3 years old now. I was told about this by Dave Ley at the end of the season before the change. The following year I spoke to the lead tech at National event.

Look closer at the rule book..... Roll BAR can NOT run past firewall.
Roll CAGE CAN run past firewall and over inner fenders connecting to frame horns.

I think it’s been 5 years or so since they allowed aluminum replacement radiators and that’s exactly what I have.

I’m sure my build pisses off some of the old school stock racers but I set out on a mission to build this car to today’s rules. Race seats, aluminum radiator, aftermarket heads, roller rockers, over caged,
Don’t hate the player, hate the game..lol
Can you post where you found this listed in rule book about bars extending past firewall with cage.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:53 PM   #150
J&S Racing

Under firewall