HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #41
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: Change the Way the National Championship ?

I appreciate the comments like the way the championship process is done All I am trying to do is to see with the present way if everyone likes as it seems they do
1> save some money for the racers who do not travel out of their division so they can be competitive for the championship. The final shoot out can be anywhere East as there are more racers in the East than the West.

2> it seems that to win the national championship is not worth spending if a budget for racing is a concern.

3.> It seems like having lots of time to travel and go to all the races is a requirement also.

4 > I just do not understand the Purse Structure that put up as it is an insult to the class racer as the purse for other types of cars is actually a little better for a bracket racer that has to travel to Pomona
Old 11-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #42
Floyd Staggs
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
I appreciate the comments like the way the championship process is done All I am trying to do is to see with the present way if everyone likes as it seems they do
1> save some money for the racers who do not travel out of their division so they can be competitive for the championship. The final shoot out can be anywhere East as there are more racers in the East than the West.

2> it seems that to win the national championship is not worth spending if a budget for racing is a concern.

3.> It seems like having lots of time to travel and go to all the races is a requirement also.

4 > I just do not understand the Purse Structure that put up as it is an insult to the class racer as the purse for other types of cars is actually a little better for a bracket racer that has to travel to Pomona
The Summit ET Series pays a lot better. It pays decent on weekly events and pays great if you get to go to Pomona. And you don't have to travel very far.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #43
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,790 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post

Don,
1> The NHRA doesn't care about Racers saving money. They care about Racers going to as many races as the NHRA can get them to go to.

2> There are no more "budget concerns" anymore! Winning a world Championship is EGO driven. The days of a guy like Fletch doing this for a living are long gone.

3> OK, winning a World Championship is EGO driven and fueled by well-to-do Racers or Racers with a well-to-do benefactor.

4> When you're dealing with EGO, the purse becomes irrelevant.

You have to stop thinking of Drag Racing as a Sport. It is no longer a Sport, it's a Hobby! Ask the NHRA.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #44
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Small price to pay for such a good idea Mark LOL. But seriously I liked your post and if we could get some more positive feedback perhaps our SRAC reps could float it to the competition committee. Or has this been floated before without success?
Jim, I was thinking about creating a poll, but I think we know how it would come out.
Problem is, no one out there in the foothills would care a whit about it.