HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #21
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Billet Aluminum Dash Bezel

Thanks Bob.
I have a one man sign shop that keeps me pretty busy & is something I like to do also.
The fab work is a nice change of pace.*Something to do to relax on those rare occasions when I have nothing to do.
pro70z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #22
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had a couple hours yesterday afternoon & a couple more this afternoon, so I thought I'd get organized for the upcoming "Z" firewall build. I've got some sheet metal tools that have been under the bench for a good long while now. So, I chopped up an old attachment I had for my first track loader that was just collecting dust in the corner. It had some slip tubes on it (like a receiver for the hitch). I used some angle iron I had in the shed and made this deal up. I put it on an outside corner of the shop so I'd have plenty of workin' room.

å

I bought a stretcher/shrinker at a car show a couple years ago. No mount so it hasn't been used yet.

Harbor Freight Planishing hammer. Might call it new old stock. I've had it for a long time too, but never used it.

I've used the bead roller a couple times. Clamped it in the band saw when I DID use it.

I'm wondering about a wing (table top) on each side of the bead roller to help feed the stock through? or maybe it would just get in the way? Any thoughts?

I still plan to make an attachment to hold the bench vise, and one for a small welding table. I'm gettin' tired of saw horses......... ops:

that's what I've been up to this weekend.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #23
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I welded up the welding table tonight. I cut the supplies kinda' close. I have 1/2 pc. of filler rod left, 20 PSI of argon in the second tank & the 20''x20'' table top was the biggest pc. I could get out of what's left of a 4'x4'x3/16'' sheet of steel.

Bracing under the table. Gettin' low on that stuff too, but I got er' done.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Worked on the bead roller today. I got rid of the hand crank and put a bicycle wheel in its place. Local bike shop gave it to me, it's a little bent, but it works for this deal. I figured the bigger the wheel the better control. I had to try it out, works a whole lot better now. . I made an aluminum table for the exit side. Loosen 1 thumb screw at the bottom and it lifts off a couple pins on the top. I scribed some lines every 2" as guides. no fence yet. I think I'll use it this way first and add a fence later.

Got the Vice mount done. I made a knee brace for those times when I feel the need to beat on the vise. Same brace will work on all the attachments.

....and I got the rack finished up tonight. Everything in easy reach, tucked away behind the door. Oh, I bent up some scrap sign aluminum also, to protect the wall.

I think I'm ready to start on the "Z" firewall now. I have to put a quick disconnect in the planishing hammer air line so I don't have to drag the foot pedal around. It's a pain in the hose this way.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Before I start the firewall I wanted to get the English Wheel built. Ran into a little snag though. I made up the bottom anvil assembly last night. Cut the frame parts out today. Got a couple pcs. clamped together to weld.......and then stripped the threads out of the torch head on the TIG. and it's saturday.
There goes the weekend. ...............

Old 09-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #26
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I drew up & cut out the adjuster wheel for the E-Wheel.

Cut the hand grips out of 1/2" PVC.

1/4" aluminum for the wheel itself.

Used fusor auto body panel adhesive to glue it all together.

Like Norm Abram says ''I'll let it cook in the clamps overnight''.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #27
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got a little more done tonight.

Cutting out the backing plate. The slots are to index the backing plate to the adjuster assembly.

Cutting out the top cap that connects the ready rod to the rams.

Top cap completed. The brass thrust bushings are pressed in from the top and bottom. They come about .020 short of touching each other. This allows grease to be pumped in from the grease fitting.

Assembly is pretty close to done. This shows the index slots that align the backing plate to the assembly.

I also added a grease fitting to each ram cylinder just to keep everything workin' smooth.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #28
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got a little more done last night. Parts for the top anvil.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #29
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts

man, i said it before, very nice, hope u don't mind, i'm going to make a multi tool receiver like that, nice idea, please keep them comming!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #30
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Kieth. I don't mind. I actually got the idea from a welding site. I finished the top anvil assembly tonight. Time to start welding up the frame.