HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,594 Times in 1,284 Posts
Default Hard Luck award at Ennis....

We have a TIE.....Both Vassar cars in stock Eliminator had a heads up first round ,....The corn dog QUEEN, Lisa Stephenson had a bye in the second rd. of superstock but....the Sunfire would not start ...OUCH !!!!
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:33 AM   #2
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts
Default Re: Hard Luck award at Ennis....

Yes,Hopefully our bad luck demons will move on down the road. I had a heads up first and second round in San Antonio. We totally understand this is a part of stock eliminator racing. Although we will keep working to improve the performance of both of our cars,im not sure we could ever have enough to run with these two Cuda,s They are impressive for sure. My plan was to keep it green and maybe the motor would fall out of Larry's car,no such luck. I only got to meet Mr Hill this weekend but we are good friends with Jacob.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:14 AM   #3
e vassar

Of course the real hard luck award go's to Tim Snively. We were watching from the fence,scared the crap outta me. Was sure glad to see him pop out of the car.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #4
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts

One of the hard luck awards for September should go to Div. 1 s Tim Barrett. Made the tow west to St. Louis double, only to get a heads up in the first round in both races.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e vassar View Post
Of course the real hard luck award go's to Tim Snively. We were watching from the fence,scared the crap outta me. Was sure glad to see him pop out of the car.
DRC said Tim was DQ due to excessive braking.....Was the car damaged ?....
Old 10-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #6
e vassar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
DRC said Tim was DQ due to excessive braking.....Was the car damaged ?....
Oh yeah..he was way out on his opponent. I watched it 2-3 times on Sunoco vision I did not see a nose dive,there was no tire smoke, but the car took a hard left and tagged the wall. He won the round,wrecked his car ...and just to add a little insult to injury..they ruled it excessive braking and DQ,d him.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:58 PM   #7
timsnively

Liked 31 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e vassar View Post
Oh yeah..he was way out on his opponent. I watched it 2-3 times on Sunoco vision I did not see a nose dive,there was no tire smoke, but the car took a hard left and tagged the wall. He won the round,wrecked his car ...and just to add a little insult to injury..they ruled it excessive braking and DQ,d him.
I am fine but the car is banged up. I was way out in front of my opponent and lifted way before the finish line. I hit the brakes normally and the car turned left into the wall. There was no excessive braking and the video confirms that. The tires never locked up and no smoke. I assumed it was something that broke in the suspension but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Many racers have confirmed having issues at the shutdown in the left lane. In didn’t contest the DQ because my car was not drivable and I had other things on my mind. The main thing is no one got hurt and the only problem is some bent metal.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:04 PM   #8
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsnively View Post
I am fine but the car is banged up. I was way out in front of my opponent and lifted way before the finish line. I hit the brakes normally and the car turned left into the wall. There was no excessive braking and the video confirms that. The tires never locked up and no smoke. I assumed it was something that broke in the suspension but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Many racers have confirmed having issues at the shutdown in the left lane. In didn’t contest the DQ because my car was not drivable and I had other things on my mind. The main thing is no one got hurt and the only problem is some bent metal.
Tim, Thank the good LORD that you escaped injury. Sheet metal can be repaired,....This has happened numerous times at Ennis.....
Old 10-18-2020, 03:25 PM   #9
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 414 Times in 92 Posts

Not sure if anyone noticed but the car that ran in front of Tim, Jimmy Hidalgo was loose when he hit the brakes after his run. Exact same place on the track it looks like. Bad deal for sure.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:25 AM   #10
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts

My car felt a little uneasy in the shut down area on that run
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote