HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 10-16-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
Marc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Davis roadster off the stop

I always like to mix in a few bracket races during the course of the season and would like to run my 2000 DDRC roadster all out for these events. I know a lot of S/G roadster guys with other makes have no problems doing this (some don't even need wheelie bars), but I hear the Davis cars are a different animal. Anyone know of any Davis car owners who run off the stop?

The car is set up well for 9.90 and I want to avoid major suspension adjustments. I was thinking of lowering my launch RPM a bit and setting my shift early (1 sec), but that's about it.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
topless63

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Davis roadster off the stop

mine is a Suncoast 63 roadster. runs 9.90 @172. i run it off the stop whenever i am to super gas racing. it would probably try and go vertical without wheelie bars. i built a pro set of bars from Skinny Kid Race Cars 80" long. the car hits them soft and goes out about 70' - 80' on them straight as an arrow.
topless63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #3
Average Joe

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Tighten your front struts all the way tight and go have fun.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
Marc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Finally got around to running a bracket race (thanks to the Cecil County Divisional cancellation) and ran the car off the stop for the first time. Very happy with the car's handling and consistency. With nothing but a chip change the car left great and went straight as an arrow. Granted, my power level isn't anything crazy, but low 8.40s and 1.19 sixty foots was a nice change of pace.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote