Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
classified
Switch them from side-to-side! Duh!

Meaning the ball joints that bolt to the spindles.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-24-2022, 06:54 PM   #32
James Hensler

Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts

I have seen a mock up pic but it look butchered
Old 11-25-2022, 10:57 AM   #33
Truth Slayer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like the racers that feel their connecting rods and other parts are gong to come out of the oil pan and damage steering components during a run should start with a more basic idea for safety.
Find a better engine builder. Or maybe an oil filter cutting tool and use it before the connecting rod does the job for you. Check a bearing here or there during the weekend.
Changing rules for a whole class to make up for a racer or 2 with sporadic engine trouble seems to be extreme.
What racers that run this class wrote the letters for this rule? I’m thinking the 2 guys on here that support it did, and the other guy who is speaking out doesn’t? They took the letters of 2 guys and made a major rule change? What does the other participants feel about this?
Truth Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 11:05 AM   #34
James Hensler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Slayer View Post
Sounds like the racers that feel their connecting rods and other parts are gong to come out of the oil pan and damage steering components during a run should start with a more basic idea for safety.
Find a better engine builder. Or maybe an oil filter cutting tool and use it before the connecting rod does the job for you. Check a bearing here or there during the weekend.
Changing rules for a whole class to make up for a racer or 2 with sporadic engine trouble seems to be extreme.
What racers that run this class wrote the letters for this rule? I’m thinking the 2 guys on here that support it did, and the other guy who is speaking out doesn’t? They took the letters of 2 guys and made a major rule change? What does the other participants feel about this?

You can quote me right now

I did not ask anyone for a rule change! I have enough on my plate getting my engines freshened up! I am not changing over as of right now!
Liked
Old 11-25-2022, 12:46 PM   #35
Doug Walker
Photographer

Liked 2,493 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
What does the other participants feel about this?
As I read the various comments as they get posted I can figure out just who is who by their names. Most of the time. Most of us know who is behind the stage names of SpyPhish, Dyno, Frito and SS/DA Hemi.

Others choose a name that is a total mystery. When the writer uses a stage name like Hacksaw, bubski or Truth Slayer, he gets to enjoy near total anonymity. They might be SS/AH participants or somehow involved in the class. We just don't know.

The comments may be well thought out but eventually get dismissed since nobody signed their name to the work.
Doug Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-25-2022, 01:46 PM   #36
James Hensler

Then there are some of us who could care less what people think and use our real names! I choose to be one of these posters. I say what I think and some maybe agree and some might not! If the NHRA did something performance related I would not be in favor but this rack thing is already allowed in GT cars and aren’t these most of the damn SS cars in the lanes? Seems to me they are so what’s the big deal. Our engines are maxed out there is no HP left to find! Ray and Charlie have found all there is!
Old 11-25-2022, 02:27 PM   #37
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts

So they are allowing a QA-1 K-frame too?

I got no dog in this fight, but I do have an A-body with R&P steering buried in a stock k-frame. It's easy to put together, but does require a lot of thought to get rid of the bump steer. Mine has stock spindles but fabricated steering arms.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:16 PM   #38
Truth Slayer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I didn’t see the replacement K Frame in the ruling. I guess this is a tubular piece? So you just show up with it and it’s golden? I figured that you just put the rack in the production K Frame. Now we need better frame for safety and ease of installation?

How about the guys that are afraid of blowing up engines and damaging the steering and suspension in the cars they are driving, build GT cars? Or just make the rules where the modifications only allowed to cars running in GT? Then all is solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshow2966 View Post
So they are allowing a QA-1 K-frame too?

I got no dog in this fight, but I do have an A-body with R&P steering buried in a stock k-frame. It's easy to put together, but does require a lot of thought to get rid of the bump steer. Mine has stock spindles but fabricated steering arms.
Truth Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:55 PM   #39
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Walker View Post
As I read the various comments as they get posted I can figure out just who is who by their names. Most of the time. Most of us know who is behind the stage names of SpyPhish, Dyno, Frito and SS/DA Hemi.

Others choose a name that is a total mystery. When the writer uses a stage name like Hacksaw, bubski or Truth Slayer, he gets to enjoy near total anonymity. .
Hacksaw is not a stage name, he is a real racer ….
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 04:49 PM   #40
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
I didn’t see the replacement K Frame in the ruling. I guess this is a tubular piece? So you just show up with it and it’s golden? I figured that you just put the rack in the production K Frame. Now we need better frame for safety and ease of installation?
I saw it in Dyno's last post. Not sure if he is serious or not?
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote