HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-30-2019, 10:53 PM   #1
CamCam

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Roll cage

Hi when installing a-pillar bars thru the dash in a 1967 Camaro are you guys removing the dash? Or are you simply cutting a hole thru the dash to install this bar. And are you guys installing the bar under the dash between the a-pillar bars. This is a for a stocker project.
Thanks in advance.
CamCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
Troy Henderson

Liked 105 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Roll cage

If your fit-up is good enough, hole saw the holes in the top of the dash and drop it in place. If not you might have to cut something larger out and make patch panels. Either way use silicone bronze to make patching the stuff easier.

The under the dash bar shouldn't be required with a stock floor car with a 8.50 cage.

Last edited by Troy Henderson; 10-31-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Troy Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
J&S Racing

Liked 288 Times in 78 Posts

When we did mine a lot of people said take the dash out. Driver sides not that bad and only needs a notch but passenger sides a different story.

The guy that did mine split the dash about a inch under where the pad ends. The pad never sat flat after and because of some other issues I had the dash replaced when I painted it.

I added the cross bar so I could run engine bay bars. If you do the cross bar make sure the chassis guy has the gauge cluster. My bar is actually tight to the clear plastic. Took a lot of work to make it fit.
J&S Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:30 PM   #4
cmracing

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts

When I had the cage in my 3rd Gen F-Body put in I decided to have the bar put in front of the dash and use it as a "hinge" for my swingout bar. That worked so nice I did my other F-Body the same way. While through the dash is a neater installation, I love the way the swingout bars in both cars work!
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote