HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 01-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #11
Matt S

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Front coil springs

As others have said, call Marty Rinehart. He got me the correct Santhuff/Landrum springs the first time, no trimming required, exact stance I was after.
Matt S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:09 AM   #12
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
As others have said, call Marty Rinehart. He got me the correct Santhuff/Landrum springs the first time, no trimming required, exact stance I was after.
Guys who know what they're doing (like Marty Rinehart and many good chassis builders) will tell you that there shouldn't be much guessing (where you install and check, cut and re-install, etc.). If the weights are known, there will always be a range of spring rates around that weight. You pick something that is likely to put you low, medium or high and you'll be very close. If you find you're not exactly where you want to be, just change to the next stiffest (or softest) spring.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #13
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

Thanks every one. Called and talked to Marty Rinehart. Ordered a set of Landrum springs and Santhuff shocks. Great guy to deal with. He suggested which spring to install. Just received them today, and going to install them this evening. The shocks were going to take 4-5 weeks to build. He offered to remove the ones from his own car, (which only had 5 runs on them) and send them to me so I could get it back together so we could have it ready for the baby gators. What a great guy to deal with. You don't see that kind of customer service hardly anywhere now days.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:24 PM   #14
Joe Martens

Liked 180 Times in 61 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Joe Martens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1926 View Post
Thanks every one. Called and talked to Marty Rinehart. Ordered a set of Landrum springs and Santhuff shocks. Great guy to deal with. He suggested which spring to install. Just received them today, and going to install them this evening. The shocks were going to take 4-5 weeks to build. He offered to remove the ones from his own car, (which only had 5 runs on them) and send them to me so I could get it back together so we could have it ready for the baby gators. What a great guy to deal with. You don't see that kind of customer service hardly anywhere now days.
Great people to deal with!
Old 01-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #15
Wayne Scraba

Liked 147 Times in 42 Posts

Marty helped me out with springs for my Nova. I have nothing but good things to say. Great tech. Great product. Great service.

Wayne
Wayne Scraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:29 PM   #16
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

Well, Marty Rinehart hit it right on the head. He suggested the 200 lbs Landrum springs. I installed them last night. Perfect ride height, and I've got just about 1" space between the lower control arm bumper and the frame. It sure does pay to use these professional guys that surely know there craft. Thanks for all the suggestions here on class racer, glad we have such good people here to help us with some of the technical questions.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote