HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 02-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #1
Robertsonlloyd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default HO Slot Car Drag Racing in Buckeye AZ

Hi all,

I am in the process of building an HO slot car drag strip in my home located in Old Town Buckeye AZ. It is a store-bought track and I will be adding a timing system so I can offer heads up and bracket racing. Currently, the only form of racing I can offer is heads up racing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180535133031275/

Please feel free to join my group and reach out to me if you are interested in learning more.
Robertsonlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
HP HUNTER

Liked 238 Times in 97 Posts
Default Re: HO Slot Car Drag Racing in Buckeye AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsonlloyd View Post
Hi all,

I am in the process of building an HO slot car drag strip in my home located in Old Town Buckeye AZ. It is a store-bought track and I will be adding a timing system so I can offer heads up and bracket racing. Currently, the only form of racing I can offer is heads up racing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180535133031275/

Please feel free to join my group and reach out to me if you are interested in learning more.
Nice!

HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts
Default Re: HO Slot Car Drag Racing in Buckeye AZ

I haven't seen it, but I'm told National Trail Raceway in Ohio just installed a track like this in the tower. The very first night they had 40 cars. They also installed a lounge, complete with liquor license.
Over the winter they had a company come in and set up Christmas lights through out the pits. Millions of them. Took about a half hour to slowly wind your way around the laid out course of lights.The lights were choreographed with music from your car radio. In the evenings, traffic was backed up in BOTH directions for miles on state route 40 waiting to get into that place for weeks . We went just to see , and entry was seven dollars a head. Most cars and SUVs had 4 passengers. They had to make a fortune.This new manage/owner we got from Woodburn is a real thinker. I'm told he has big plans for updating that track.Hope he keeps it up.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 02-08-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote