HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 11:37 PM   #1
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 456 Times in 172 Posts
Default Goodyear Contriversive

Sorry for misspelling controversy. Does anyone care to comment about the BS going on with Goodyear and the directive given to the employees in Topeka. You know, the directive that indicates that it is OK for Goodyear employees to be lesbian, gay, trans, etc. And wear BLM...but not OK to display blue lives matter, all lives matter, MAGA attire, etc.
Here is what I think happened....some lowly hourly paid person installed pieces in a PowerPoint presentation to reflect the Goodyear favoritism to blacks. Goodyear recanted respectfully, but completely left out significant dialogue. For that, Goodyear is toast. Goodyear should have said something to the effect. "Our employees wear uniforms without designation, hats can have no emblem." But nooooooo....they screwed up and caved in to the Union and/or black employees. Goodyear corporate very likely did not put out the Zero Tolerance Policy.....but, corporate did not stop it or respond appropriately.

Last edited by SStockDart; 08-19-2020 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Misspelled controversy, sorry
Liked
Old 08-19-2020, 11:59 PM   #2
Randy Wells

Liked 963 Times in 297 Posts
Default Re: Goodyear Contriversive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Sorry for misspelling controversy. Does anyone care to comment about the BS going on with Goodyear and the directive given to the employees in Topeka. You know, the directive that indicates that it is OK for Goodyear employees to be lesbian, gay, trans, etc. And wear BLM...but not OK to display blue lives matter, all lives matter, MAGA attire, etc.
Here is what I think happened....some lowly hourly paid person installed pieces in a PowerPoint presentation to reflect the Goodyear favoritism to blacks. Goodyear recanted respectfully, but completely left out significant dialogue. For that, Goodyear is toast. Goodyear should have said something to the effect. "Our employees wear uniforms without designation, hats can have no emblem." But nooooooo....they screwed up and caved in to the Union and/or black employees. Goodyear corporate very likely did not put out the Zero Tolerance Policy.....but, corporate did not stop it or respond appropriately.
I will never buy a goodyear tire again. Over priced anyway.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:14 AM   #3
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

The whole meeting sounds like some jr. cubical lurker corp. wannabeee, got a case of wokeness, Goodyear blew a chance to stop the problem before it became big. As far as their tires go, the big truck tires they came out with years ago (G167?) were great in sandy orange groves, BUT, the "wingfoot" tires were not so good for our F-150, and I had to wait to be able to buy the Marathon tires for my trailer. That was a lot of money for 4 mary may pops.I'm done with them.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:42 AM   #4
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts

Gary, I'm sure you remember some of our old conversations. I don't get involved in the conversations much anymore, but I'm down here in the lounge anyway looking at music.While being the Union President @ Ralston Purinia for the last decade of my employment, I sit in on several meetings which had similar topics.We made breakfast cereal. Since it was food, the amount of rules was expanded to protect the public.Sometimes,to some people (our members) the rules seemed stupid. We had to wear hair nets. And beard nets.The rules stated, and were strictly enforced, that everybody wore a hairnet. Even if you were bald. Reason being if you shaved your head to get around wearing those hot hairnets the possibility of it growing back was inevitable. The bosses was always having to remind some members that their hair was getting too long to go without wearing a net. So to stop all the issues.We just made a blanket rule to put one on...Period. Even if you were born bald (we had members that were). But you know what. ? They would never do the same with beard nets.You only had to wear one if you had "stubble" . Why the difference? I have no idea. But they owned the place, we just followed the contract.
We had hat rules too. Everyone was required to wear a hardhat out in the plant, but members in the labs, offices,outside in yard dogs ect. could choose a ball cap. You know how they settled this issue that Goodyear just went through? They supplied the hats.Had a big RALSTON Logo on it. We were not allowed to put Union pins, football teams,NHRA Logo's,... no logos or advertising of any type....The hats were to remain unmolested. Same thing with the hardhats,they supplied them and there was to be no tampering whatsoever. They also supplied the uniforms, same deal. We had two bulletin boards. No political info was allowed on them. I'll post the contract language.This is totally Goodyears mis-sight. They were trying to stop all the political endorsements. But allowing other things similar was a big boo boo. And I would guess this was at the local plant level.Glad I'm out of all that push N pull. Retirement is soooo much better .. good talking at you again

BULLETIN BOARD

Section 1. The Company agrees to provide two (2) bulletin boards which may be used by the Union for posting notices, a copy of which is provided to the Company, and restricted to:

(a) Notices of Union meetings.

(b) Notices of Union elections.

(c) Notices of Union appointments and the results of Union elections.

(d) Notices of Union recreational and social affairs.

(e) Other notices concerning bona fide Union activity such as: cooperatives, credit union and unemployment compensation information.

There shall be no posting of Union information on other bulletin boards within the plant.

Section 2. There shall be no other general distribution by employees of any kind of literature in Company work areas other than as herein provided or as permitted by law.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 08-20-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Liked
Old 08-20-2020, 09:02 AM   #5
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,048 Times in 762 Posts

The Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires that BMW equips some of their models with are pure junk and apparently so is Goodyear's management philosophy.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:09 AM   #6
Fireofficer5

Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts

If you happen to listen to real news, the issue was political nonsense being worn.

There were no democratic endorsements allowed either.

Just like no maga hats were allowed.

BLM is not a political group.

LGBT rights are not a political group.

I love this feigned anger toward persons or business that brings out the

real color of a person.

I'm buying goodyear right now and getting all goodyear tires for my two

cougar drag cars.

Have a great life and lower that blood pressure, its sure to kill you.

Rick Pingol

Last edited by Fireofficer5; 08-20-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #7
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts

Bout 10 years ago,Goodyear built a new, state of the art R&D facility in Hebron Ohio. Its the little berg where National Trail Raceway is located. They were going to hire 6 maintenance man. Of course their was hundreds upon hundreds of applicants.The requirements they wanted was steep, and required electrical test,mechanical/hydraulic test and of course multiple interviews.We had 5 of our guys try to grab one of these new jobs.The new Goodyear plant was non union, but its pay grades and benefit packages matched ours, and even exceeded some areas. That damn place took 4 of our men! And good skilled labors are hard to find. One was my chief steward. He has since died of brain cancer, but the other 3 are still there. I wonder what they think of all of this.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 08-20-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:18 PM   #8
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 653 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireofficer5 View Post
If you happen to listen to real news, the issue was political nonsense being worn.

There were no democratic endorsements allowed either.

Just like no maga hats were allowed.

BLM is not a political group.

LGBT rights are not a political group.

I love this feigned anger toward persons or business that brings out the

real color of a person.

I'm buying goodyear right now and getting all goodyear tires for my two

cougar drag cars.

Have a great life and lower that blood pressure, its sure to kill you.

Rick Pingol
Blue Lives Matter and All Lives MAtter are not political, yet on the no go side of the list. Care to explain the difference those and BLM LGBT ?

Goodyear employee wearing a MAGA Hat
M e
A t
G oodyear
A gain
Not political at all

Last edited by Jeff Stout; 08-20-2020 at 12:30 PM. Reason: more
Old 08-20-2020, 02:06 PM   #9
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

I love living in the USA....Imagine the look on the CEO s faces when they finally realize that they have ALIENATED the CUSTOMERS that are paying the bills..
.BYE BYE.....nascar ,nfl,nba, and now Goodyear.....I am DONE with you...GOOD LUCK .......
Old 08-20-2020, 02:47 PM   #10
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 653 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
I love living in the USA....Imagine the look on the CEO s faces when they finally realize that they have ALIENATED the CUSTOMERS that are paying the bills..
.BYE BYE.....nascar ,nfl,nba, and now Goodyear.....I am DONE with you...GOOD LUCK .......
I agree. Plenty of choices in the tire market to buy from. Sports never cared about. NASCAR is now on do not watch list.
Closed Thread