HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-31-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Jim Glenn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Back half car / Engine diaper Rule

At the risk of sounding stupid, has anyone successfully installed an engine diaper on a car with stock motor mounts? The rule says you have to come with in one inch of thetop of the block or the bottom of the cylinder head. I got this thing crammed in there and bolted in straps tight etc. but of course there is now way to get it around the motor mounts.

I am running S/ST and S/Pro and at a few national events in S/G in a back half car. Div 6and Div 5 have both told me even running 137 in S/ST or 139-140 in S/Pro I do not need it, but that I would need it to run Super Gas. Div 7 interprets it that I would need it in all classes if I am running over 135. But if it is impossible to get this thing above the motor mounts, are you telling me they don't want back half cars in S/G?

I would like to hear your responses.

Thanks ,

J.G.
Jim Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
pro70z28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back half car / Engine diaper Rule

Will the manufacturer custom make one or make changes to yours to fit? Just wondering.
pro70z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: Back half car / Engine diaper Rule

This is DRE ENGINE Diapers we build diapers with motor mounts in them every day we also have 1800 degree heat cloth for tight headers,we are the only ones doing any of this work call 217-763-6352
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Hnasko Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

does the engine diaper rule only apply to divisional and nationals events?
Hnasko Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Jim Glenn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds great, I will call you. Thank you.
Jim Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The track that we bracket race at from time to time ( Edgewater ) decided that all S/Pro has to have a diaper. I guess, if it keeps you from hitting the wall it's paid for it's self. Not that any of us plain on using it for a blown motor. Running S/ST at div races we don't have to have one yet, but I feel it's coming. Probably won't be long before every one racing will have to have a diaper.................
Wonder what were going to use on trans and rear ends ?

My car has stock motor mounts and Dennis at DRE didn't think that was a problem at all..........I also have steering linkage going through the oil pan, he said mark it and cut it out send it back to him and he would take care of it .

Last edited by Bob Verwold; 04-02-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: add on
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
SlickVic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is what i was told as in div 1.* Divisionals/nationals must run one at 9.99 or 135.* Bracket racing, you only need one faster than 7.50.* The reason they are implementing this rule is not because of safety but for clean up time and cost.* The reason they are holding off on bracket cars is because of your situation w/ motor mounts.* There are so many different variations at a bracket race, not like a tube car at s/g events.* I haven't bought one yet but probally will soon, they do increase safety but i was told that is not the reason NHRA wants them.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #8
WDCreech

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've posted on this subjest before, somewhere, but I'm not going to quote the rule book again. Only that in lieu of a diaper. in some cases, a belly pan may be used. A belly pan would be a lot simpler on cars with stock motor mounts, so call your division director and see what you can do. The track that I run at ia IHRA, and currently, we don't have that rule, but I'm going to get one because it is a safety rule. Every season, I see several of my friends hit the wall because they got into thier own oil. Oh, and get a rule book!

Bill

Last edited by WDCreech; 04-02-2008 at 11:59 PM.
WDCreech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: Back half car / Engine diaper Rule

Ask Warren Johnson about the oil pan.That why he hit the wall.Our diaper we have for motor mounts and heat cloth for headers works good .We have a small block size and a big block size thin as a pair of jeans weighs 1 pound
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #10
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Dennis: have you had any luck on making one fit a fox bodied mustang yet with the aftermarket pans? I only ask this because I need one but only have about 3/8" between the rack and the pan, in the hump area of my pan. I know there has been alot of talk on this over on the NMRA site because we all need one to fit.
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote