HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM   #1
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,882 Times in 891 Posts
Default Scardelli Capri

I hadn’t really noticed the car until watching the Numidia videos, very impressive!

Set another place at the table
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM   #2
ShipC1970

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Scardelli Capri

Definitely a rad super stock combo on a small tire! Anyone by change know Wayne Boden or his shop name? He said he did the heads in the video and that he is in Southern California where I?m at and I couldn?t find anything on the net.
ShipC1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #3
ProfessorRock

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

In reply to last post if you had AFR aluminum heads and a holly carburetor, neither of which came on that car or any Ford with that combination. It really wouldn't matter If NAPA did your heads would it. Just my opinion
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #4
Jim Caughlin

Liked 702 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorRock View Post
In reply to last post if you had AFR aluminum heads and a holly carburetor, neither of which came on that car or any Ford with that combination. It really wouldn't matter If NAPA did your heads would it. Just my opinion
Huh?
Jim Caughlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:37 AM   #5
ShipC1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Huh?
He?s implying that since it?s a aftermarket option it wouldn?t matter to the point that NAPA parts counter could do the heads and turn lights. Needless to say that doesn?t help as I?m looking for someone to do a set of IRON heads in so cal before I venture to freight them cross-country but to each their own.
Old Today, 02:48 AM   #6
Dave Noll

Liked 220 Times in 105 Posts

Last edited by Dave Noll; Today at 11:27 AM. Reason: SS
Dave Noll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #7
Jim Caughlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipC1970 View Post
He?s implying that since it?s a aftermarket option it wouldn?t matter to the point that NAPA parts counter could do the heads and turn lights. Needless to say that doesn?t help as I?m looking for someone to do a set of IRON heads in so cal before I venture to freight them cross-country but to each their own.
Do you know what's involved with making this head SS legal? You can't just pull them out of the box and bolt them on. First off, they come with way too large of valves so you have to remove all of the seats, weld them up to install smaller seat and valves along with all of the related porting work and that's just the start. I want to see your local NAPA guy deal with that. As far as the carb goes, the replacement is a dimensional duplicate that NHRA allows because the original carbs are almost impossible to find. These types of replacement parts are very common for all motors regardless of brand in Stock and SS, not some conspiracy theory.
Old Today, 11:56 AM   #8
ShipC1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Do you know what's involved with making this head SS legal? You can't just pull them out of the box and bolt them on. First off, they come with way too large of valves so you have to remove all of the seats, weld them up to install smaller seat and valves along with all of the related porting work and that's just the start. I want to see your local NAPA guy deal with that. As far as the carb goes, the replacement is a dimensional duplicate that NHRA allows because the original carbs are almost impossible to find. These types of replacement parts are very common for all motors regardless of brand in Stock and SS, not some conspiracy theory.
Oh yea I am familiar of all the hard work and hours of labor that is put into the combo as I ventured into possibly running the combo ?I was just off put by the response he had when I had a question regarding the gentleman that did them haha.
Old Today, 12:20 PM   #9
Jim Caughlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipC1970 View Post
Oh yea I am familiar of all the hard work and hours of labor that is put into the combo as I ventured into possibly running the combo ?I was just off put by the response he had when I had a question regarding the gentleman that did them haha.
Wes King in Idaho has done the rework on the SS legal alum head rework so might be worth talking to.

I am currently in the final stages of completing a '64 Comet for GT/QA with the Ford 210/203 small Autolite iron head engine combo. The car is 99% complete, just down to dyno work on the motor for completion.