HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #39
hadtobethere

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: how was stock/super stock ran in the 60's and 70's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRyan View Post
Originally Posted by JRyan
Hey "hadto", we probably drove right by the place in the old "Rent-A-Wreck" Oldsmobile back in 1979. Couldn't beat the price for the thing either.

Jerry

.....Jerry, thats funny, I remember our trip, the 'Rent a Wreck'. We made a stop at Kil-kare Dradway in Ohio, part of the trip to Indy from South Dakota....how the heck did we ever decide to go there?

Hell, I don't know. I guess gas was cheap, and it was something to do after pissing Don Prudomme off at Cordova. We had John & Jay & pool at "Ma's Diner & Truck Stop", "Joe, the mechanic to go" with the free ice, a pretty crabby motel room in Cordova, and the "Honeymoon Suite" in Dayton. Pretty hectic trip, 'cause we also raced at Muncie. Then we both got beat and headed back to TVD to race on Sunday. Do you remember towing about 95 drafting a semi on I-29 when we passed the rest area and the HP in the hopped-up Dart almost ran us off the road in pursuit of the truck? We were drafting so close the cop didn't know we were there and damn near side-swiped us, but he pulled the truck over and we whistled away. Fun Deal!

Jerry
Had to explain to Prudomme how we do things...the truck stop, Irma was her name, '3 finger' Charlie the bartender and ya that crabby motel, my wife remembers....That was called 'Race car truck/trailer drafting' I think of those days and kind of wonder how we all survived back then, didn't know any better.....may be back to catch a race later in the year, I said hi to your Son last year at Brainerd, he was busy & did a great job....take care
hadtobethere is offline   Reply With Quote