HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-12-2021, 01:19 PM   #1
House of Darts

Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default Atco posts race schedule

Looks like they are open for part of 2021.
House of Darts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts
Default Re: Atco posts race schedule

My Bad. I posted this in The lounge a couple of days ago. I should have posted it here also.

ATCO has posted a limited / tentative schedule

http://atcodragway.rocks/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021-Schedule-March-9.pdf

Hopefully not only will the NHRA race on Aug 5 to 8 be able to be run, but also people like myself will be able to attend.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:11 AM   #3
ken robinson

Liked 164 Times in 69 Posts

August will be a very busy month in div1 every weekend ....
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:24 AM   #4
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts

Also just because the schedule has been posted doesn't mean that the negotiations are still not going on for the track sale. We will need to show support for keeping it a track and keeping it clean and respectful when asking questions to the board.

Tonight is the next installment of the Town Board meeting on Zoom at Monday the 15th
at 7pm EST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	160186486_734313530611880_258696590599269414_n.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	56934  
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-15-2021, 07:39 PM   #5
GATOR

Liked 56 Times in 17 Posts

How about instead try to show support for the track by patronizing it and making it profitable for the current owner! Funny how there were numerous posts of outrage when pictures of the wall being torn down was displayed only to be followed up with.... that happened 8 or 9 years ago! Right there is the problem!

Everyone wants a racetrack in there backyard but going to a LODRS race and a national open essentially racing at the track twice a year doesn't cut it. I've watched a couple tracks close and I was not really surprised as I had been there the preceding seasons and surmised that after witnessing the weekly car counts I'd hate to see the balance sheet at the end of the year. Owning a racetrack in these current climate is a balancing act and the pot of gold is real estate appreciation, which sounds like exactly whats going on here.

Maybe if he was making $ he wouldn't be trying to sell
GATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-16-2021, 06:06 AM   #6
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

Perhaps you are not familiar with trying to race in this place. I beleieve the last year e=town operated it seemed to rain whenever it was a day to race. What was in the mind of the current owner of Atco when.. he bought the place, who knows, but since this is n.j. money is king, reguardless.The dictator murphy picks the winners and losers, gyms, until recently in door dining, masks, BUT, ya' wanna' protest riot with him marching with them w/o wearing your "feed bag" that's just fine .. There are a few hundred acres of sports fields near me, that will be loaded with atleast 1k people on weekends and no masks, but last Thanksgiving week Wall Stadium had to cancel their whole program due to murphy after they had paid all their fees, 12 tires per car @$200.00 each due to the events being called "a super spreader" as people were towing from across the Country.If you happen to live in "Free America" be thankfull, we just want a dependable place to race!!
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:55 PM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts

Gator,

Yes, I have to agree that running a racetrack is very hard and sometimes not profitable. COVID Killed a lot of tracks last year with not being allowed to operate, they lost Pan Am & Honda Days and love or hate them, I was once told by the late Joe Sway those events would basically pay for the whole entire years bills and every other event was just cash in hand as profit. I don't fault the owner for wanting to sell, any person would do the same thing if someone came and knocked on the door and said, your property is worth $400,000 and we want to give you 5 million. You wouldn't think twice about what they were going to put there and packed up and rolled.

The problem is and if you go up to the "Live from the Southern Sportsman Nationals" thread and the third post down it says "Bo said when we pulled in was “ Anything you need just let me know, Thanks for being here” and every time you see him he asks if you need anything". You always want to root on a track owner or promoter because it's a tough job and they are doing this for us but, I've heard from numerous racers who have had run ins with the owner about issues and the response given to them is "You need me, more then I need you, you can pack your stuff up and get out" and we're talking MINOR issues. I have witnessed it first hand with my .90 series where he personally called everyone a P***y at a drivers meeting because is was a less then marginal racetrack and my racers didn't want to go down because of fear of wrecking their cars. Most wanted to pack up and leave and some did, the next day my phone was flooded with calls telling me that if it wasn't for me running the series, they would never go back and will only go back for my races and the D1 events.

We all know this sport isn't cheap and you want to feel welcomed when spending your hard earned cash at any venue. I was always told a Thank you & a smile goes a long way in the 20 years I spent in the food industry, you learn from your mistakes and find out ways to make it better, not force people away and unfortunately that is what has happened at that track and the car counts have shown that recently. When Richmond Dragway closed up this past season, nobody trashed the owner because he wanted to spend more time with his family but, because he treated the racers with respect, they did nothing but, praise him for doing what he wanted to do in hopes of someone buying it to reopen. I feel that alot of people don't want to see the sale go through because of how they've been treated to see the owner make out like a bandit.

Last edited by BKSG1198; 03-16-2021 at 03:57 PM.
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:15 AM   #8
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

A few extra competitors, spectators and a couple more cheeseburgers sold will not change his mind. He is selling the track no matter what. At this point he is just trying to offset the cost of the delay of the sale, or money going in his bank account. I’d rather support the tracks that are staying in business. No reason to ever go back here other then supporting the ECSSA or the last D1 race. Other than that the owner can pound sand. For the time being, this is America, and an individual can do whatever he wants with his property. That doesn’t mean we have to support him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATOR View Post
How about instead try to show support for the track by patronizing it and making it profitable for the current owner! Funny how there were numerous posts of outrage when pictures of the wall being torn down was displayed only to be followed up with.... that happened 8 or 9 years ago! Right there is the problem!

Everyone wants a racetrack in there backyard but going to a LODRS race and a national open essentially racing at the track twice a year doesn't cut it. I've watched a couple tracks close and I was not really surprised as I had been there the preceding seasons and surmised that after witnessing the weekly car counts I'd hate to see the balance sheet at the end of the year. Owning a racetrack in these current climate is a balancing act and the pot of gold is real estate appreciation, which sounds like exactly whats going on here.

Maybe if he was making $ he wouldn't be trying to sell
Old 03-28-2021, 10:23 AM   #9
Dave Gantz

Liked 223 Times in 118 Posts

https://pinebarrenstribune.com/area-...sVOr7zmGoICphk

A protest won't do anything. It's the owner's property, and if they want to sell it, they will.
(Presuming the land use is changed.)

I can't imagine the owner being a happy camper if forced not to change the land use.

As much as I want it to remain a drag strip, this is America, and you shouldn't be told by any group or organization what you can or can't do with your land. Unless,of course, there was a stipulation that this could happen when you bought said property.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:38 AM   #10
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gantz View Post
I can't imagine the owner being a happy camper if forced not to change the land use.
He knew that it was "protected" land when he bought it. Getting the land use "changed" will just put more coin in his pocket.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote