HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Remembering Those We Lost
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-19-2023, 04:42 PM   #21
Frank B.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Very sad day

One of the best days I ever spent at the racetrack was talking with Fred and Tim Hebert together at No Problem Raceway.. They will both be missed by anyone who knew them. We had a great conversation on the difference between running a Hemi and a Cobra Jet.

Last edited by Frank B.; 04-19-2023 at 04:46 PM.
Frank B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 10:52 PM   #22
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts

This thread is an obvious great tribute to a terrific human being. R.I.P. Fred. Prayers for his family and many friends.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:38 PM   #23
Dan DeBlasio

Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
Angry Re: Very sad day

Fred was one of a kind. I enjoyed his company as a friend a racer and an employee. In my last 5 years of work (my semi retirement) I worked for him as his outside commercial sales manager.

He was a true Christian that showed me so many times how to live a Christ like life. He always said if you want a friend then be a friend. I could tell stories for hours of his kindness and caring for his fellow men women and children.

As a racer he loved the sport and always gave his all doing most all of it by himself. I remember calling him in Vegas while at SEMA one year and he had just won the points race there in Stock we met for dinner and had a great evening.

Working for him was a dream job he always treated his employees with respect and kindness. We would circle around one of the dealerships on Fridays and have a prayer for the community and the country.

As a friend he was loyal and real. Always there should you need help.

As a Christian he was a great example of living a Christ like life. I have lost a crucial member of my inner circle and I will remember him forever. Fred May you bask in the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ and may your memory be eternal.
Dan DeBlasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:36 PM   #24
T Ames

Liked 88 Times in 28 Posts

On Saturday, 22 April, prior to eliminations commencing at the Noble Division 4 race, announcer Chris Monaghan communicated a tribute for Fred over the PA, and all in attendance observed a moment of silence in honor of Fred. He and his family were also a focus of the RFC pastor’s invocation.
T Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:30 AM   #25
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Very sad day

I never met this gentleman, but I with I had. The thing that distinguishes a Christian isn't his doctrine or his theology, It's his testimony. There is no greater testimony than what people know you to be during your lifetime. I want to hear,"Well done, faithful servant" when it's all over. Thank all of you for your kind words.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:05 PM   #26
MFR440

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

Thinking of Fred today, 4/26. He was a really nice guy - he even let me work on his beautiful Hemi Dart a little bit one time at Norwalk. Race in Peace, Mopar Brother.
1962 Plymouth Fury S/ST #3384 - Race in Peace, Craig Meyer
MFR440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 04:22 AM   #27
WarrenHuber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Emmett, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend, Fred Henson. It's truly heartbreaking when someone close to us passes away. My thoughts and prayers are with you, his family, and friends during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing the funeral arrangement details. I'll make sure to pass them along to anyone who might want to attend. During times like these, it's nice to see a community come together in support. I'm not sure if Fred's family has made any plans for his final resting place, but I recently came across some beautiful Family Mausoleum Designs. They might find it helpful while making arrangements. Once again, my deepest condolences.

Last edited by WarrenHuber; 05-31-2023 at 03:21 AM.
WarrenHuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:33 AM   #28
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

This is very sad news for the sport of Drag Racing.. Fred Henson was known nationwide as one of the greats.. and of course, gone too soon.. my thoughts and prayers are with the Henson family, his extended racing family, and friends.. GODPEED, FRED HENSON!!!
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote