HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #91
J.R. Haddad

Liked 831 Times in 185 Posts
Default Re: Indy Teardown Warning

Yes, if I'm causing a hit or taking a hit, I want to know it's right. Even with Indy not causing a hit, that should be the threshold. J.R.
J.R. Haddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:41 AM   #92
Chad Fergen

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

So.... I come in to this game as a willing participant, knowing its going to take some work, and all I get is flamed by the "current" racers for questioning the rules? (Ran a few races and got my *** kicked.)

Thanks for the invite! "rolled eyes"

"Read Newbe"

I have figured out that I should have done some more homework on the class I chose ... #mybad

Thanks to all of you that have encouraged me to come back out with the car, It is much appreciated!

Challenge Accepted!
Chad Fergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #93
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james perrone View Post
ok question.
Being the new unwritten policy of if you go 120 you will be torn down
i know it’s indy
. But rules is rules.
Ok let’s hear it. Yes. Or no
yes !!!!!!!!!!!
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:48 AM   #94
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Fergen View Post
So.... I come in to this game as a willing participant, knowing its going to take some work, and all I get is flamed by the "current" racers for questioning the rules? (Ran a few races and got my *** kicked.)

"Read Newbe"

I have figured out that I should have done some more homework on the class I chose ... #mybad

Thanks to all of you that have encouraged me to come back out with the car, It is much appreciated!

Challenge Accepted!
I'm not sure that I fully understand this post.
I get the "newbe" thing. I get the questions. If you don't like being "flamed by the current Racers" then you might try dialing back the sarcasm just a bit (or is it just my read).
Read the rules and play the game the way that you're comfortable playing the game. It's all part of the "homework".
The written rules are IMHO, very vague at best. But no-where in the rules does it say that you have to cheat. Racers make that decision for themselves.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #95
Alan Nyhus
VIP Member

Liked 761 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:

"Read Newbe"

Challenge Accepted!
Hey Chad...was good to see you at Brainerd last week. Steve Koppien and I are always available to help. You've got some good basics covered and just need to build from there. We've got several known - good QJets you're welcome to try. -Al
Old 08-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #96
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Indy Teardown Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I'm not sure that I fully understand this post.
I get the "newbe" thing. I get the questions. If you don't like being "flamed by the current Racers" then you might try dialing back the sarcasm just a bit (or is it just my read).
Read the rules and play the game the way that you're comfortable playing the game. It's all part of the "homework".
The written rules are IMHO, very vague at best. But no-where in the rules does it say that you have to cheat. Racers make that decision for themselves.
And a LOT do just that. They have for years or NHRA would not spend the $$$$$$ for the new toy to check cylinder heads and manifolds nor would they bring back Wesley and Gracia to do the job.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #97
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:

"Read Newbe"

Challenge Accepted!
As Billy stated I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from but my statement was pretty easy to understand I thought. If someone wants to come put generalized statements up here about cheating they better be prepared for some flames to be thrown their way.
I didn't have anything to do with the current system or rules or how they got there. I've never petitioned NHRA for anything but I do follow the rules as written so I take exception to some of the remarks being made. They are welcome to check my heads with whatever they got, digitizer or stick their finger wherever they like!
But what annoys me more than the cheating comments are the guys that come up here day after day with their negative comments about what it used to be or what a waste of money it is to give NHRA my money. Like I said before if they don't like it, move on and get a life I think judging by the "likes" my last comment got about this I speak for alot of people.
It's that simple!
Old 08-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #98
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Angry Re: Indy Teardown Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
As Billy stated I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from but my statement was pretty easy to understand I thought. If someone wants to come put generalized statements up here about cheating they better be prepared for some flames to be thrown their way.
I didn't have anything to do with the current system or rules or how they got there. I've never petitioned NHRA for anything but I do follow the rules as written so I take exception to some of the remarks being made. They are welcome to check my heads with whatever they got, digitizer or stick their finger wherever they like!
But what annoys me more than the cheating comments are the guys that come up here day after day with their negative comments about what it used to be or what a waste of money it is to give NHRA my money. Like I said before if they don't like it, move on and get a life I think judging by the "likes" my last comment got about this I speak for alot of people.
It's that simple!
You have NEVER been on the other side of the fence. I have worked for 3 different ASSociations (The NMCA, The NHRA and the IHRA) since around 1970. I have been dedicated to just stock and Super Stock. I was taught by those who really cared like Greg X. Marty Barratt, Jim Dale, and the Div. 2 tech director (sorry I can not remember his name at this time) who passed away with cancer many years ago and others. I have raced stock and S/S since around 1964 until the early 1980's before being involved in writing the IHRA rule book in the sportsman categories' back in the early 80's. Yeah they got stupid and went to all bracket racing in the last couple of years. Bill Bader was the VERY LAST good owner of IHRA. I have caught cheaters and the higher ups let it slide Before Bill Bader) so I quit about 15 years or so ago and had meetings with Higher ups in NHRA back in the 80's and 90's. THEY DID NOTHING to stop it !!!! There is so much bogus parts and heads, intake manifolds out there you would not believe it. The way they allow the rules to get away from them has NOT been a help. NO ONE is saying you are cheating but Its out there and I could name names but I will not start a war. I have to laugh when some of these same guys walk around puffing their chests out thinking they are better than anyone else. I just hope the NHRA stands behind their word and does something but I will have to read it on here or see it myself to believe it.
I have to believe those who complain the most about the NHRA getting tough again on inspections are the ones who cheat the most.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 08-24-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:02 PM   #99
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
You have NEVER been on the other side of the fence. I have worked for 3 different ASSociations (The NMCA, The NHRA and the IHRA) since around 1970. I have been dedicated to just stock and Super Stock. I was taught by those who really cared like Greg X. Marty Barratt, Jim Dale, and the Div. 2 tech director (sorry I can not remember his name at this time) who passed away with cancer many years ago and others. I have raced stock and S/S since around 1964 until the early 1980's before being involved in writing the IHRA rule book in the sportsman categories' back in the early 80's. Yeah they got stupid and went to all bracket racing in the last couple of years. Bill Bader was the VERY LAST good owner of IHRA. I have caught cheaters and the higher ups let it slide Before Bill Bader) so I quit about 15 years or so ago and had meetings with Higher ups in NHRA back in the 80's and 90's. THEY DID NOTHING to stop it !!!! There is so much bogus parts and heads, intake manifolds out there you would not believe it. The way they allow the rules to get away from them has NOT been a help. NO ONE is saying you are cheating but Its out there and I could name names but I will not start a war. I have to laugh when some of these same guys walk around puffing their chests out thinking they are better than anyone else. I just hope the NHRA stands behind their word and does something but I will have to read it on here or see it myself to believe it.
I have to believe those who complain the most about the NHRA getting tough again on inspections are the ones who cheat the most.
Yeah I know it's not what it was 40 years ago but there's not a whole lot of nothing that is. All I'm saying that there is still alot of good people out here doing this and having fun. I'm sorry you are disgruntled about what happened all those years ago but it changes nothing to come up here every day with the negative posts. I can't think of the last time I saw you say anything positive if ever at all. It's not good for your health man! I just don't see the purpose of it, if I hated this as bad as you seem to I wouldn't even come on here and read the stuff.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:28 PM   #100
Tom Broome

Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
Just as Billy said and I would add those that come up here day after day to just complain about the current system when they are not involved in the sport at all should get a life and move on. It's ridiculous to see negative post one after another by the same people who don't race NHRA events all day every day!
This is a members forum, isn't it? Open to those who are admitted? Have you now personally changed the rules for participation in this forum? Next you're going qualify the definition of "racer" or "involved" based on your personal opinion.

That is such friendly, warm and accommodating stance to take, Mr. Williamson.

Is the title of this thread "Indy Teardown Warning"? Wouldn't that include former racers with experience in teardown at Indy? Wouldn't that include shops that assist racers in preparing cars that go to Indy?
I don't see anyone here trying to influence policy. I do see opinions, positive and negative. If someone posts opinions you personally disagree with, use the blocking function and we'll all sleep easier.

Last edited by Tom Broome; 08-24-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Tom Broome is offline   Reply With Quote