HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Old 11-20-2019, 04:05 PM   #1691
Supershifter1955

Liked 22 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: H-I-J '76 Nova re-fit.

Hello Todd and Autumn,
My name is Gary Howe and I have to tell you both you have inspired my daughter Tiffany and I to go stock eliminator racing. We were back at Indy this year and stopped by your pit spot more than once because we saw you all on the starting line and were in awe of what a nice job you did on your Nova!! Unfortunatley, we never got to meet you and your family as we didn't want to bother you in the lanes Tiffany has been wanting to drive my car for a while but after seeing your car she agreed with me that we should go this route. So we purchased an all original 1977 Nova this past weekend and have it home to begin our project. H/S 350 4 speed . As we get started, my question is what size tires did you go with on the back and what gear ratio for the 12 bolt and how much rpm do you have at the finish line at say 116 to 117 mph. My Super Stock car was the one from Gig Harbor Washington,
the Blue 1955 stick car. My son said you came by and I missed you there also. Next time for sure!! Thanks Gary
Supershifter1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #1692
Marc White

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

Any updates?
Marc White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #1693
Jeff Swanson

Liked 62 Times in 21 Posts

Hope everything is ok with Todd and family? He has not logged on since 11/11/19, which is unusual considering how often he was updating this thread. Hopefully just super busy at work.
Jeff Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #1694
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supershifter1955 View Post
Hello Todd and Autumn,
My name is Gary Howe and I have to tell you both you have inspired my daughter Tiffany and I to go stock eliminator racing. We were back at Indy this year and stopped by your pit spot more than once because we saw you all on the starting line and were in awe of what a nice job you did on your Nova!! Unfortunatley, we never got to meet you and your family as we didn't want to bother you in the lanes Tiffany has been wanting to drive my car for a while but after seeing your car she agreed with me that we should go this route. So we purchased an all original 1977 Nova this past weekend and have it home to begin our project. H/S 350 4 speed . As we get started, my question is what size tires did you go with on the back and what gear ratio for the 12 bolt and how much rpm do you have at the finish line at say 116 to 117 mph. My Super Stock car was the one from Gig Harbor Washington,
the Blue 1955 stick car. My son said you came by and I missed you there also. Next time for sure!! Thanks Gary
Gary, sorry we missed you and Tiffany at Indy. We met so many people and had such a nice time. Gary our tires are M/T stiff sidewall 29.5/9.0-15, our gear is a 5.14 currently and on a real good run we'll go through at 6900 rpm. Yes Autumn and I went to see your car, it's a real beauty! Please post up some pics of you guys and the Nova.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:30 PM   #1695
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc White View Post
Any updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Swanson View Post
Hope everything is ok with Todd and family? He has not logged on since 11/11/19, which is unusual considering how often he was updating this thread. Hopefully just super busy at work.
Marc and Jeff, We have been at the track a few times but haven't done much in the way of the car. I had grand plans and didn't do crap. We are however doing great, Went to PRI and had a blast, enjoyed the holidays and of course been working too. Autumn, since last season has gotten a real job and will soon be starting college which should hurt our racing program but ahh well, life is like that sometimes. We should be at D2 Orlando! I do have a little project going on as my wife and I are going out west directly after gainesville to Moab, UT. and then on to the Little Sahara sand dunes in Oklahoma on our way back to FL. We'll be gone almost a month so I'm working on our new Polaris RZR gettin it ready for the trip West. I'll update here as we get ready for Orlando starting this weekend.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:40 PM   #1696
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 644 Times in 205 Posts
Cool Re: H-I-J '76 Nova re-fit.

Great to hear from you guys!! Sounds like you are getting a well deserved break. I decided to take a year off and do as much or as little as I felt like, it will be up in early July. I got a little tired of it all. Sounds like you guys are getting ahead, as well.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:34 AM   #1697
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reimer 7376 View Post
Great to hear from you guys!! Sounds like you are getting a well deserved break. I decided to take a year off and do as much or as little as I felt like, it will be up in early July. I got a little tired of it all. Sounds like you guys are getting ahead, as well.
Well deserved break Greg... but you better have your tools polished up come July hahahaha.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:26 PM   #1698
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Sitting watching some rain today at our first 2020 D2 race today. Here's a video of our final time shot from yesterday.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:16 PM   #1699
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

We're home. After a 24hr rain delay the D2 crew managed to wrap everything up today around 6pm. Came home and dropped the car off in the shop, still have a few things to tinker with coming into race 2 at SGMP in a few weeks. We continuously made changes this weekend but still have a few small nagging issues. Autumn had burnout issues this weekend that didn't help us out and neither did my inability to dial the car. I keep anticipating ET changes that never come, I just need to trust the car because it's really all in all pretty good. Here are the slips from first and second rounds today (2127)
Old 02-03-2020, 09:19 AM   #1700
Alan Nyhus
VIP Member

Liked 761 Times in 225 Posts

.014 and .012 on the tree...nicely done! -Al