Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #21
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Who treats you better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
Last year at Pine Valley(IHRA D-4) I was still in when it was down to 3 cars in Super Stock. I got "0" they said due to the low car count only the finalist were going to be paid.
While it is neither your fault or the track's that there was an extremely low car count of 5-6 cars (blame all the guys that didn't show up!), the fact is that 2nd round loser does pays "0". (unless there were even fewer cars, and it had been the finals!) They paid exactly what was advertised, and lost money. I'm sure the guys that only had to win two rounds to make it to the finals and collect both the purse and contingency money were more than happy.

No offense intended -- it's just that someone not familiar with the whole situation would read your post and say "He made it to the semis, and they screwed him out of money!" Although you were in fact the "semifinalist", there is no semifinal money at Pro-Ams, just round money, and 2nd round loser is still just 2nd round loser.