HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
trikbag406

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Unhappy Proper Ladder Bar adjustment for preload?

I have a 2750lb vega wagon,with about 460hp at the flywheel,3200 stall,32" ladders,and crappy non-adjustable coil-overs with 50/50 shocks,and 130 lb springs.I made 10 or 11 passes this Saturday at Cecil County,and this thing is ALL OVER the track in 2nd gear.I don't believe it to be all wheelspin,but the car was swaying wildly once it started to get some mph at half track and beyond.It came out of the hole okay,straight,with no wheelspin.It did have a slight bog,due to improper pump/shooter selection on my part,but otherwise was okay until shortly after the 1-2 shift.I'm thinking somewhere down the line I didn't preload the car,or else I did it wrong,same-same.Anybody have any suggestions for correction? They actually threw me off the track after the last pass,'cuz I almost rolled the damn thing.-Lew

Oh yeah-the car has 31x13.50-15 slicks,and the ladders are slightly lower in the front than at the rear.I'm using the center hole on the front x-member.Thanks guys.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Proper Ladder Bar adjustment for preload?

It doesnt sound like preload problem to me i would check your alignment especially the toe
but the way i preload mine is to put a piece of tubing on my floor jack and jack the front crossmember up til the front tires are just off the ground(1/2" or so)and adjust the right rear ladder bar til the left front comes down and touches the ground
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
trikbag406

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks Scott,while I do admit the front end alignment isn't perfect,Im still thinking it's a rear susp. problem.I made a part throttle pass-12.04 at 114,and the car handled fine,but any attempt at full power in second or third resulted in some pretty scarey stuff.Anybody else wanna chime in on this one?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
pmrphil

Liked 247 Times in 106 Posts

You might want to make sure the rear is square in the car, then check the toe and caster. Also, tape measure the slicks and confirm that they measure the same, or at least within 1/2 inch of each other.