HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-01-2020, 08:51 PM   #41
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts
Default Re: Racer Self-Certification Tech Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
I paid the entry plus a crew pass have not received anything back I am leaving early as I have meetings with some clients I guess I will just show up and then what ???
Don you should have rcvd a e mail confirmation for your purchase. There should be 3 links included. 2 waivers and the tech card .
My links were dead, so i had to type them in my address bar. Then they came through. You should get a confirmation for both waivers, then another one when you get the tech card submitted.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #42
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e vassar View Post
Don you should have rcvd a e mail confirmation for your purchase. There should be 3 links included. 2 waivers and the tech card .
My links were dead, so i had to type them in my address bar. Then they came through. You should get a confirmation for both waivers, then another one when you get the tech card submitted.
I have not received anything
Old 06-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #43
T Ames

Liked 79 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
I paid the entry plus a crew pass have not received anything back I am leaving early as I have meetings with some clients I guess I will just show up and then what ???
Don, I purchased entry to Tulsa a couple weeks ago through Stubwire and never received an email with links. Got a tip from another racer to log back into Stubwire with the same username/password used to purchase tickets, and the links were there. There are 3 links: COVID waiver, standard waiver, Tech Card.
T Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:39 AM   #44
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
I have not received anything

I finally got the links from Cody Savage at NHRA D2. I think it took some time to get the on line deal set up because lawyers were clearly involved, LOL.

It was easy and didn’t take too long. Some of the tech items were NA for me based upon what was needed for safety regulations such as fire suit expiration date. That didint apply to a 32a/5 so I put “NA”
Old 06-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #45
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts

I know that in a future update, the online tech card program will allow you to have a profile and store your information. Therefore, the only thing that will change is the drop down menu for the event being entered.

I found the online program fairly simple, it stepped through the tech card process similar to how one would fill one out on paper.

Random thought with trying to be touchless: What about fuel check? We all touch the same cups and stand in line? Are we going to have a 6 ft spacing line? Facetious questions....

In my personal opinion, once someone completes an adequate fuel check in Qualifying, they should not be subjected to additional fuel check unless in a heads up elimination run. I think most of the time NHRA does fuel check anyway is because they need generator gas...I have been at an event with 5 qualifiers and did fuel check EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #46
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts

Should eliminate some of the panic when they're calling stk to the lanes at 8AM and you're still waiting to get teched.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #47
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,628 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub464Q View Post
I know that in a future update, the online tech card program will allow you to have a profile and store your information. Therefore, the only thing that will change is the drop down menu for the event being entered.

I found the online program fairly simple, it stepped through the tech card process similar to how one would fill one out on paper.

Random thought with trying to be touchless: What about fuel check? We all touch the same cups and stand in line? Are we going to have a 6 ft spacing line? Facetious questions....

In my personal opinion, once someone completes an adequate fuel check in Qualifying, they should not be subjected to additional fuel check unless in a heads up elimination run. I think most of the time NHRA does fuel check anyway is because they need generator gas...I have been at an event with 5 qualifiers and did fuel check EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
I was wondering the same thing about fuel check. Maybe they will only spot check a few cars each round or do 1/2 the field on one pass and the other 1/2 on the second pass. I am sure it will take some time to get it down. The other question is the time slips. Will we be getting time slips or have to search on live timing to get our results?
Old 06-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #48
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach

Not all racers have internet access, what are they supposed to do? Just asking for a friend.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:25 PM   #49
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Beach View Post
Not all racers have internet access, what are they supposed to do? Just asking for a friend.
I guess someone with internet access could help a friend out?

I just did all my stuff for Atlanta. It wasn't that bad to do.
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:45 PM   #50
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
I was wondering the same thing about fuel check. Maybe they will only spot check a few cars each round or do 1/2 the field on one pass and the other 1/2 on the second pass. I am sure it will take some time to get it down. The other question is the time slips. Will we be getting time slips or have to search on live timing to get our results?
Tulsa has a timeslip App they are using. Not sure about Atlanta. And...dont forget, that NHRA has had divisional live timing for a few years now (although spotty at times). Could always find your timeslip there as well.

I know in Tulsa, there will not be timeslips.

I have advocated for years that Compulink runs on MS-DOS system (dont get me started)...but it is 2020. How could we not have a system capable of programming a phone number to the car number entered, and you get a text of your timeslip automatically sent to your phone when you go through the finish line? I am not a program person, but this seems doable with todays technology.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote