HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
Fred Elsass

Liked 230 Times in 30 Posts
Default Is your life worth one more pass.

Just watched true sports with Bryant Gumble on HBO. Check it out. It shows what happens when you have a stadium full of people and most of them come down with the virus.

Track owners make money from butts in the seats. Most Stock and Super Stock racers make passes with empty stands. We do not provide enough capital to feed the bulldog.

Sooooooooooooooooo just what is your life worth.

Sarge
Fred Elsass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
GATOR

Liked 56 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Is your life worth one more pass.

Quit watching the TV. Media making this worse than it is. Yes, Covid-19 is deadly, but the majority of the people that come down with it survive. It is an immune comprimised disease. If you are scared or your immune system is compromised, cancer, diabetes, etc. Stay home.

The fact is the news is making this outbreak worse than it actually is. Fact is every death number being reported as covid-19 is skewed. Hospitals get extra $ for covid deaths. And that IS a fact! Even the number of deaths reported are not factual. I always wonder if a liberal was in office, would the news report this virus in the same light? Can't hide forever. Your immune system has a job, let it do its thing.
GATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:06 PM   #3
CMcAllister

Liked 735 Times in 205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATOR View Post
Quit watching the TV. Media making this worse than it is. Yes, Covid-19 is deadly, but the majority of the people that come down with it survive. It is an immune comprimised disease. If you are scared or your immune system is compromised, cancer, diabetes, etc. Stay home.

The fact is the news is making this outbreak worse than it actually is. Fact is every death number being reported as covid-19 is skewed. Hospitals get extra $ for covid deaths. And that IS a fact! Even the number of deaths reported are not factual. I always wonder if a liberal was in office, would the news report this virus in the same light? Can't hide forever. Your immune system has a job, let it do its thing.
This^^^...

What is your life worth? Would you want to live like this forever? Quarantined? Restricted? At the mercy of the people controlling the narrative? Neighbors reporting you for having friends over or going out for a sandwich?
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #4
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

Is your life worth one more ride in a car? Ya could have an accident.
walk down the street? Ya could get mugged.
day of fishing? Ya could drown.
greasy cheese burger? Ya could clog those arteries.
passionate night? Ya could have a heart attack.

I'll take my chances.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #5
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 937 Times in 258 Posts

Considering it seems that its OK for people to line up at Costco for 3 hours, (Gotta stock up on toilet paper!), or go to the Supermarket or Home Depot, I can`t say that I would feel any less safe at the dragstrip. Maybe leave a little more space between the pit spots, and in the staging lanes, but I like to think most racers have enough common sense to leave a little room between their buddies in the pits. Now, of course could be a problem for the "Street Outlaw" types who require 40 crew members on the starting line, or the Kallita "mosh pit" pileup after one of their cars wins, but I think most of us would be ok, even at the LODRS level, where spectators are not a huge number.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #6
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts

Holy cow, the media loves this crap, they are rolling in it because of all the hype.

Lets open up, if you dont want to leave your house stay home.

AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:28 PM   #7
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
.....passionate night? Ya could have a heart attack.
That's how I want to go!!

(At about 95 years old)
GUMP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #8
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Holy cow, the media loves this crap, they are rolling in it because of all the hype.

Lets open up, if you dont want to leave your house stay home.

I watched this last night. The name commie has been thrown around here lately. But ,if you want to know what a real Jr. Commie looks like...look at Mark Zuckerface
Old 04-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #9
Julie Jordan

Liked 299 Times in 61 Posts

My husband just spent a week in the hospital, due to a bicycle crash (and his friends thought my sport was dangerous!) Life is fragile, any of us can be gone tomorrow. He has a suppressed immune system due to the drugs he takes for his Rheumatoid Arthritis. We always have to be aware of where we go, who we come in contact with, as a common cold could escalate into pneumonia for him. We don't expect everyone to work around his issues.

We met with his personal physician for a follow-up appointment today. His doctor expressed that the immune compromised, people with chronic or terminal issues, the elderly, are most affected by this virus. He has treated patients with COVID, done over 500 tests and only 5 have been positive. He believes the fragile should stay home, as much as possible, but the rest of us need to get out and live again. Staying home actually weakens our immune systems as we're not being exposed to anything. Be careful, wash your hands frequently, don't touch your face, nose, or mouth, use common sense. Eat well, drink a lot of water, treat your body properly.

Churches will soon open in California, some of these churches have 1000+ members. But we can't go to an outdoor concert. Beauty salons can't open until Phase III, but you can get a tattoo. You can't work unless you're an essential worker but the Governor wants people to volunteer at food banks. You can go to the grocery store or WalMart but can't rent a camping space in a national forest. None of this makes sense.

As soon as the race tracks are open, we are going to be there!
Old 04-29-2020, 09:18 PM   #10
CMcAllister

Liked 735 Times in 205 Posts

39,000 died in car wrecks last year. And yet, I got in my vehicle and drove off this morning without shivering in fear for my life.

Life is too short. I have no expectation of getting out of here alive. I do intend to try to have some enjoyment and not hide from every boogieman they tell us is out there.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote