HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Freddie
Member
 
Freddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tampa Fla / Anderson SC
Posts: 334
Likes: 12
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Vacuum pump?

Got the new dragster home, been going over everything and making notes of what I still need before heading to the track. When we put the motor in the car we did not set it up with a vacuum pump, but was wondering if it is worth putting one on it? I am also looking at an alternator, and a few other things more for aesthetics than function, but some things I have always wanted on a car like a digital dial in board and a rear wing.
__________________
NHRA: Comp 2200 - S/C 2201
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member
 
Keith 944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dela-where?
Posts: 1,279
Likes: 222
Liked 229 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
Got the new dragster home, been going over everything and making notes of what I still need before heading to the track. When we put the motor in the car we did not set it up with a vacuum pump, but was wondering if it is worth putting one on it? I am also looking at an alternator, and a few other things more for aesthetics than function, but some things I have always wanted on a car like a digital dial in board and a rear wing.
forget the wing and board for now put that alternator and vac pump on!
__________________
KEITH MAYERS
2 X somebody
many X nobody
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:54 AM   #3
Freddie
Member
 
Freddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tampa Fla / Anderson SC
Posts: 334
Likes: 12
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith 944 View Post
forget the wing and board for now put that alternator and vac pump on!
Wing and digital dial board will be the last things I do for sure but with buying a new house and moving I will not likely see the track until fall anyway, so I have time to get the car the way I want it before it ever goes out. Headed to the engine shop later this week so I guess I will be picking up a vacuum pump. That should give me something to do for a day or two.
__________________
NHRA: Comp 2200 - S/C 2201
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:45 PM   #4
Lenny5160
Senior Member
 
Lenny5160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN
Posts: 634
Likes: 252
Liked 167 Times in 99 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum pump?

A vac pump is nice, but is by no means a must-have. I'd personally rank your listed items:

1. Alternator
2. Digital dial-board (if racing alone)
3. Vac pump
4. Wing

Although, if you're ever going to do a wing I'd do it before you run the car so you won't notice the ET loss.
__________________
Tony Leonard
S/ST 5160
S/C 5160
Lenny5160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:11 PM   #5
Freddie
Member
 
Freddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tampa Fla / Anderson SC
Posts: 334
Likes: 12
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
A vac pump is nice, but is by no means a must-have. I'd personally rank your listed items:

1. Alternator
2. Digital dial-board (if racing alone)
3. Vac pump
4. Wing

Although, if you're ever going to do a wing I'd do it before you run the car so you won't notice the ET loss.
The Alternator is on order and will go on as soon as it gets here, the vacuum pump will more than likely be next as I have everything except the pump. I also already ordered the digital dial in board but probably wont have a chance to put that on until after we get settled into the new shop. Still looking for the right wing.
__________________
NHRA: Comp 2200 - S/C 2201
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #6
Adger Smith
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Texarkana Ark/TX
Posts: 1,902
Likes: 64
Liked 163 Times in 55 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum pump?

The wing can be a problem in windy conditions. New car... I would get it sorted out and baseline it before I added a wing.JMHO
__________________
Adger Smith (Former SS)
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger