HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
D Styron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Condensation In Exhaust

Ok have another question I need some help on. On my same 1979 Zephyr I am getting a lot of condensation coming out of my exhaust. This weekend at the track I got waved off for leaking "something" on the track in the 2nd round. Turns out it is condensation puddling up inside the exhaust and leaking at the ball connection at the mid point of the car. It has a full exhaust all the way out the back with race mufflers and no cats. I think in theory shortening the pipes should help as the exhaust should not cool as fast thus eliminating this problem. I took it to 2 different muffler shops this morning and they disagreed with me saying the length of the pipes will make no difference. They recommended cleaning and silicone the ball connections. What do yall think? The starter told if it comes out of the pipes that is ok, just cant drip, which mine was doing.
D Styron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Condensation In Exhaust

WOW, John kicked you off for that?

I would have to say that shortening the pipes would help a lot. You look at all the cars first thing in the morning going to work and see how much they are dripping. I very rarely see any racecars doing this. It's not losing coolant is it?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The last time I had a lot of water coming out of the headers the motor had a broken valve that went through everything.!
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
D Styron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep waved me off for it. I was leaking out at the H pipe connection behind the drivers seat. It is not pulling any coolant, the radiator is completely full. I dont think it will be as big of a problem once the weather warms up. I took off the race mufflers and put on flowmasters with dumps and it is still leaking at the h pipe. It only leaks if the engine is completely cool, once it warms up it doesnt leak a drop. Of course bracket racing you need to cool it down between rounds.
D Styron is offline   Reply With Quote