HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2023, 05:09 PM   #1
theDDRC

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Don Davis Race Cars returns to full time production!

Post approved by site moderator.

As a new member to this site, I wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

My name is Scott Anderson. I am a former employee of Don Davis Race Cars (DDRC), turned owner. This is not a situation that occurred over night but, was a lifetime in the making. The culmination of timing, and a chance meeting between old friends resulted in the purchase which will ensure the continued legacy of the company that Don Davis established nearly 38 years ago. Additional information about this can be found at the company website.

https://dondavisracecars.com/

DDRC has been in the business of building top level NHRA/IHRA/bracket racing vehicles for years . Over this time numerous divisional and national events wins have culminated in numerous national title wins in the Super Gas, and Super Comp categories. Much of the success of these cars is attributed to the engineering done by Don, as well as the efforts of drivers/crews that have owned them. Don’s love of automobile engineering started 20 years before he ever built his first drag racing car. Don had been building dirt midget and sprint cars for years. This gave Don years of experience in designing, constructing, and adjusting cars which later helped in drag racing. DDRC’s concern for driver safety and comfort, ease of use, and durability have made it a leader in its field.

DDRC still produces the same cars that it has in the past using the same jigs, fixtures, and molds that it has in years past. There have not been any significant changes to the basic design of the cars. We have just taken a more modern approach to manufacturing them resulting in a higher quality finish.

DDRC is back in full production, manufacturing the S/G roadsters featuring the 1957 Corvette, C5 Corvette, and the 1969 Camaro body styles. I am very well versed in everything DDRC. If I don’t have an answer, I can probably get it. Don Davis and Jim Hughes, both former owners, are still in regular contact with me today. I was a part of the S/C dragsters program and, with the Corvette program since its inception.

I have many of the older molds from previous products all the way back to the 1927 Model T roadster. So, if you need some type of replacement part there is a good chance I can help. I make myself readily available through many outlets, such as website, Facebook, WhatsApp, forums, etc. I do also attend some national/divisional events if a meeting is needed in person. I look forward to working with all previous, current, and future customers. -- DDRC
theDDRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:23 PM   #2
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts
Default Re: Don Davis Race Cars returns to full time production!

Congratulations, having your own business is fantastic. i wish you many many years of success
David Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 08:17 AM   #3
theDDRC

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

David, Thanks for the support.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:05 AM   #4
Marc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Congrats, great to hear! Just sent you a PM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 06:39 AM   #5
theDDRC

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Marc, Thanks for the support, PM sent.