HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-17-2022, 07:25 PM   #1
Kdw1403

Liked 68 Times in 22 Posts
Default Russ linke

It shows Russell link on qualifying page but does not show him running 1st round at maple grove. What happened?
Kdw1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 09:17 PM   #2
prostockpete1

Liked 71 Times in 43 Posts
Default Re: Russ linke

theres a posting a bunch of cars pulled for teardown & he was found with too thin head gaskets
prostockpete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:33 PM   #3
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdw1403 View Post
It shows Russell link on qualifying page but does not show him running 1st round at maple grove. What happened?
Quote:
Linke's issue was a head gasket, it was around.020 to thin.

Glad you asked..There doesn't seem to be much interest.
For you that don't build your own engines, this is about a full point of compression.
We're talking about tenths here, not hundredths.
That being said, I never met the man. I don't care one way or the other. I don't even race NHRA, and not the one who reported it.
;-)
Old 09-17-2022, 11:21 PM   #4
Kdw1403

Liked 68 Times in 22 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Kdw1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 06:21 AM   #5
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Exclamation Re: Russ linke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Glad you asked..There doesn't seem to be much interest.
For you that don't build your own engines, this is about a full point of compression.
We're talking about tenths here, not hundredths.
That being said, I never met the man. I don't care one way or the other. I don't even race NHRA, and not the one who reported it.
;-)

Mark- There is plenty of interest here in the pits - most are glad the NHRA are finally taking interest back in our sport and just as many are sad that 'Bubba' got tossed - he's a good guy who like many doesn't build his own engines .As for his gasket giving him tenths - I don't think so ! !
Old 09-18-2022, 08:06 AM   #6
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Bubski thinking that's about 7/10s of a point in compression !! a nice gain for sure !! Bubski also applauds NHRA for stepping up and teching the racers like old times !! As far as that's the way my engine builder built it !! Bubski's thinking that's BS !! Bubski Can't think of a professional stocker engine builder who would blatantly cheat with a specification thats a numerical value and cannot be argued with !! enhanced heads and intakes are gray areas !! numerical specs like cam lift ,deck clearance , bore , stroke etc are in no way vague !! And anyone who is sad cause this guy got tossed is an out right liar !! Bubski's sure many a racer got beat by him in his illegal state !! Thanks NHRA for doing what needs to be done in class racing !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:43 AM   #7
Chevy55

Liked 167 Times in 83 Posts

So the deck clearance must have been wrong, you're allowed use any thickness head gasket to get the correct deck clearance.
Chevy55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-18-2022, 09:09 AM   #8
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,426 Times in 1,952 Posts

Both the deck and the gasket thickness have to add up to the published spec or larger. Anything less is wrong.

It looks like the 260hp. gasket was used instead of the 285hp gasket. .018'' difference in thickness.

Last edited by Larry Hill; 09-18-2022 at 10:15 AM. Reason: I listed 275 hp instead of the 285 hp
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:41 AM   #9
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubski View Post
Bubski thinking that's about 7/10s of a point in compression !! a nice gain for sure !! Bubski also applauds NHRA for stepping up and teching the racers like old times !! As far as that's the way my engine builder built it !! Bubski's thinking that's BS !! Bubski Can't think of a professional stocker engine builder who would blatantly cheat with a specification thats a numerical value and cannot be argued with !! enhanced heads and intakes are gray areas !! numerical specs like cam lift ,deck clearance , bore , stroke etc are in no way vague !! And anyone who is sad cause this guy got tossed is an out right liar !! Bubski's sure many a racer got beat by him in his illegal state !! Thanks NHRA for doing what needs to be done in class racing !!
Mr.Bubski- I am sad as are others - Bubba Linke is a true sportsman and is well respected in the NHRA ranks and the business world .I personally have not seen his tech sheet so i have no idea how big the infraction was .And BTW ,you can call me a liar all you want but ......
Old 09-18-2022, 11:46 AM   #10
Jim Whitehead

Liked 145 Times in 38 Posts

Jack. I also like Bubba. Let’s get real. .022 deck height is worth about 1 point in compression. One point of compression is 3-4 % power increase. That’s about 15 HP.
Jim Whitehead is offline   Reply With Quote