HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #11
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts
Default Re: Old race cars

Quick update - - I did a quick check yesterday and there are now over 2500 pictures. I usually do an update once a month. This site will give you hours of fun if you stop to look at every picture and enjoy the memories, as I have done several times over the past 8 months.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #12
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts

Just checked this morning and this site is continuing to grow. Now over 2700 pictures. If you haven't been there before, you need to see this site. You can literally spend hours looking at the pictures and remembering what it was like. ---- www.georgeklass.net
Old 09-23-2022, 11:48 AM   #13
geoklass

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

My website has kept me going since I first uploaded it onto the internet (March 2013). The site has been "live" for over 9 years now. I still try to add photos on a weekly basis, or as soon as I find one that has not been uploaded before. A little background regarding the site. I wanted a site that people could visit without paying, or having to become a "member". I never solicited adds, although many companies have offered me plenty of money if I did (which I never did). I never tried to offer the photos for sale. I never have a problem if people want to copy the photos. From the very beginning, I had a cut-off of 1965 for the photos. To the extent possible, I have tried to NOT use photos that were taken after 1965. It's actually not that hard to keep new photos (taken after 1965) off the site. If the car has wheels that were not produced until the late 1960's or later, I don't use them.. Same with hood scoops. It's easy to tell hood scoops that did not exist in the 1960's. And then there is the background. If there are EZ-Up pop up tents in the pits, the photos do not make the cut (EZ-Ups were not invented until late in the 1970's). If the cars parked in the pits are later model cars, the photo does not make the cut. If the guard rails are the new concrete style, the photo does not make the cut. The same goes for the trailers or motor homes. To the extent possible, I have tried to exclude photos of race cars that were "cloned" to look like early race cars. For all practical purposes, all the race cars on the site are photos of "the real thing". I get emails from all over the world (geoklass@yahoo.com). A lot of folks ask me if I make any money off the site, and answer is not one single dime. If people want to send me digital photos of race cars that you think should be in there, please feel free to do it via my email, or if you just want to chat, that's fine too. I'm 83, and messing around on my website keeps my brain working...
geoklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:05 PM   #14
R. Thorne

Liked 47 Times in 25 Posts

Thanks, George, for making these great photos available.
R. Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:38 PM   #15
geoklass

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Thorne View Post
Thanks, George, for making these great photos available.
You are very welcome, enjoy...
geoklass is offline   Reply With Quote