HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #1
Billy Hampton

Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts
Default Introduction- old friends

I just wanted to drop a quick hello as I return to the forum after a long absence. My dad is ProfessorRock (Rocky J) as many of you may already know.

I have been on the fringes listening and learning about class racing my entire life (yes, even when I was a toddler sitting on the street tires stacked along the fence as he drove down the strip on the slicks on his way to an Eliminator win in the early '70's).

I have met a few of you in Div. 7 where we were at the track together sharing times with other racers, so hello again.

Its been decades since I/we lived in Div. 3. I was a lifelong friend of David Dupps also and was shocked and saddened to hear the sad news of his passing.

We are now back in Div. 2 exploring the possibility of campaigning a car in '23. Another bit of history is my dad purchased Merrill's Q/SA 66 Caprice, and again, we were deeply affected by his passing. This is becoming too frequent as most of the community is approaching the golden years.

It is my goal to learn as much as possible from the "old-timers" and pass that valuable knowledge to the next generation before it is lost forever.

I look forward to connecting with many of you and reestablishing old friendships too. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers.