HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
NSS Savoy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The Booker Brothers / Trick 'M Up Shop in Indiana?

Good morning all. It's been a couple years since I have been on the forum, but I ran across a car and have a question about its history. I'm hoping somebody here can help me.

It's a '70 Duster with a '71 Sharktooth grille. It currently has a 426 Hemi of unknown bore/stroke with an Art Carr 727 and a passenger car Dana 60. It's been a racer for quite a while, for there are 1978 NHRA and 1980 PDRA participant stickers on the windshield.

There is one distinguishing feature on the car...the chassis and body shop name on the tail panel. Does anybody on the board recognize "The Booker Bros." or a shop by the name of "Trick 'M Up Shop" in Indiana?

The best I can tell, any work they performed would have been done in the 80's. I'm assuming they painted the car at this time as well. I have found traces of dark green metallic and bright blue metallic under the current paint. The car was bright red from the factory.

It has rack & pinion, a combo of Wilwood, Strange, and Airheart front brakes/spindles, factory 10" drums out back, ladder bars, coilovers, etc...

The car came out of the Chicago area and into St. Louis about 10 years ago, but I do not know the previous history other than a stack of timeslips from Great Lakes Dragway in 1989. With the timeslips I have on hand, the best ET was a 10.02 @ 135.96 mph.

I do not know anything about the engine other than it has '68 iron heads, roller cam, Rat Roaster intake w/ 1050, factory rockers, '65 aluminum water pump housing, factory chrome valve covers, Direct Connection cast iron electronic tach drive distributor, etc... It also has a Weiand tunnel ram with the matching 1050 Dominator. Block has been windowed on both sides, but repaired. No casting #'s at all on the block. It's all smooth where the production stuff should be. It does have "RH 4" and "73" stamped on the pad though. ( A Direct Connection block???)

Just looking for history of the car and any old pictures. Here are some current pictures of the Duster.

Thanks in advance for any info or comments.

Scott
St. Louis, MO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02634-2.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	9405   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02645-2.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	9406   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02656-2.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	9407  

Name:	DSC02703-2.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	9408   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02816-2.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	9409   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02743.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	9410  

Name:	DSC02921-1.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	9411  
NSS Savoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: The Booker Brothers / Trick 'M Up Shop in Indiana?

The Booker Brothers are still racing, and I believe that they are in Sellersburg Indiana, The Brothers are Hollis and Dwayne. They also have a connection with a kid that runs a hemi in stock. If I can find some pictures, I will post them.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
NSS Savoy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great! I'd appreciate any information or pictures.

There is a decal on the back window with the outlines of Kentucky and Indiana. Initially, I did not think anything else was on the decal, but I caught it just right with the sunlight yesterday to see it also said "Kentuckian Bracket Racing" or possibly "Kentucky Bracket Racing". I'll have to look at it again to see if there is anything else on there. VERY hard to make out...to the point a camera cannot even pick up the lettering.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02814-2.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	9425  
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: The Booker Brothers / Trick 'M Up Shop in Indiana?

That would be cool if it was an 'ol Pro Stock car,,, just thinking out loud.
Good luck with your search.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
Tod Lane

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSS Savoy View Post
Good morning all. It's been a couple years since I have been on the forum, but I ran across a car and have a question about its history. I'm hoping somebody here can help me.

It's a '70 Duster with a '71 Sharktooth grille. It currently has a 426 Hemi of unknown bore/stroke with an Art Carr 727 and a passenger car Dana 60. It's been a racer for quite a while, for there are 1978 NHRA and 1980 PDRA participant stickers on the windshield.

There is one distinguishing feature on the car...the chassis and body shop name on the tail panel. Does anybody on the board recognize "The Booker Bros." or a shop by the name of "Trick 'M Up Shop" in Indiana?

The best I can tell, any work they performed would have been done in the 80's. I'm assuming they painted the car at this time as well. I have found traces of dark green metallic and bright blue metallic under the current paint. The car was bright red from the factory.

It has rack & pinion, a combo of Wilwood, Strange, and Airheart front brakes/spindles, factory 10" drums out back, ladder bars, coilovers, etc...

The car came out of the Chicago area and into St. Louis about 10 years ago, but I do not know the previous history other than a stack of timeslips from Great Lakes Dragway in 1989. With the timeslips I have on hand, the best ET was a 10.02 @ 135.96 mph.

I do not know anything about the engine other than it has '68 iron heads, roller cam, Rat Roaster intake w/ 1050, factory rockers, '65 aluminum water pump housing, factory chrome valve covers, Direct Connection cast iron electronic tach drive distributor, etc... It also has a Weiand tunnel ram with the matching 1050 Dominator. Block has been windowed on both sides, but repaired. No casting #'s at all on the block. It's all smooth where the production stuff should be. It does have "RH 4" and "73" stamped on the pad though. ( A Direct Connection block???)

Just looking for history of the car and any old pictures. Here are some current pictures of the Duster.

Thanks in advance for any info or comments.

Scott
St. Louis, MO
One green Pro Stock Duster I know of from Indiana, Whiteland Indiana to be exact, a guy named CJ Rayburn
his shop was two doors down from Bob Glidden. Charlie Reed was the house between them, he had a Pro Stock Vega, they all qualified at Indy on year... 76-77 maybe?
CJ builds dirt track stuff now, still in business I think, "Stronger then Dirt" brand chassis there in Whiteland.
Seems like I remember the car being red at one point, but it was 35 years ago. I think Danny Crawley bought it from him, could be dead wrong about that.

It may have had several updates since I saw it last
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rayburn Duster.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	10228  

Last edited by Tod Lane; 12-17-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Tod Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
bluegrassx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSS Savoy View Post
Great! I'd appreciate any information or pictures.

There is a decal on the back window with the outlines of Kentucky and Indiana. Initially, I did not think anything else was on the decal, but I caught it just right with the sunlight yesterday to see it also said "Kentuckian Bracket Racing" or possibly "Kentucky Bracket Racing". I'll have to look at it again to see if there is anything else on there. VERY hard to make out...to the point a camera cannot even pick up the lettering.

Scott
Kentuckiana Bracket Racers, mainly based out of Louisville. That could possibly be a car from that area, I know Dale Meers ran a Hemi Duster and think Gerald Geary also at Ohio Valley Dragway.
bluegrassx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
bluegrassx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have someone who verifys the car ws Greald Geary's from Louisville, KY.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
NSS Savoy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had another fellow tell me that it could possibly be Gerald Greary's old car. Does anybody have any pictures of Gerald's Duster?

I'm still trying to verify if it originally started out as Shelby Jester's Duster called "Arkansas Joker".
Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 AM   #9
bluegrassx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a guy looking for his photos