HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Parts: Classifieds

Old 04-09-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
rboyle

Liked 553 Times in 155 Posts
Default Honesty and Integrity is NOT free

I've been buying and selling speed and auto parts for 20 plus years now and would rather give a refund than besmirch my or any associates names. To me my reputation means a lot more than a cheap sale.
However I have seen a trend lately in my dealing. Especially in this forum. Where items are not necessarily as described or in working condition.
I've bought weather stations that aren't calibrated properly, accusumps that were so neat up they looked like they were on a mud truck, a race car that, well had more mileage than my daily driver, and a set of like new unusable gears. I did have some good transactions as well, but in all my dealings for 2 decades never saw a community so willing to screw over another racer in order to recoup their own losses.
I will no longer be looking to buy anything here as I am disgusted by the actions of a few.
rboyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 652 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Honesty and Integrity is NOT free

That is a terrible thing to happen. I have bought on here about 10 different items over the few years and everything has been as expected. If you feel the seller is dishonest maybe work it out privately or go yellowbullet on them. I would hate to think that the bad seller is out there selling to one of us still.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:04 PM   #3
rboyle

Shockingly to me they are some of the more respected names in Sportsman drag racing and some have tried to do something to make the situation better or right while others are just not very trustworthy at all.
Liked
Old 04-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Sorry to hear this Rich. I have had MANY dealings with members of CR and all dealings were above board. All it takes is ONE bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. Hope you and the seller can work something out on your latest deal....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:53 PM   #5
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

I bought a car off this site and I have to say that James Granier (James351) was very honest in what the car had and what it needed. I also, bought an engine from Dick Lux and again no surprises. So I think overall it can still be a good resource you just have to be careful I guess.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:37 PM   #6
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 506 Posts

I have had a couple of deals made here that were not too good as well. I just chalked it up to experience. I did contact one of the guys to see if he would make it good. He said he would but never did. You are always going to run into a few that don’t care.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #7
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 225 Times in 76 Posts

Over the years I have made "many successful purchases" and have found everyone so far to be Very Pleasant and Great to deal with. With our 70 cent dollar in Canada, it makes finding good used or that "changed direction" new part essential to affordability. I generally make phone contact and ask a lot of questions and get a clear understanding as well as a picture or two, before my purchase. I have had some freight damage and small part loss, not seller related and have overcome with the savings. Sorry to hear things didn't go well for you.

"Thank You" again to those that have made my many purchases Successful...MB
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #8
ghost

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

puts his name to protect others. Me in the past, I am not embarrassed.

his ignitiales was R.V.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #9
kirk

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I've bought and sold lots of parts here over the years, even to Mr Boyle..... but as others have stated my online experience......it has been less than perfect. I do accept some of it, as the prices were "too good" to be true. The phone conversation usually exposes this though.
Some of the stuff we're looking for is just not readily available, it may be 50 years old. Boils down to supply/demand sometimes.

Kirk
kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-11-2020, 11:03 PM   #10
rboyle

I have had some very good experiences too. But to me you stand behind what you sell. Like an old friend once said reputations are hard to build and easy to ruin. Now so far I've been quiet and protecting the very people that I assume could care less about their reputations or have an ego bigger than their conscience.
I can tell you this the good ones deserve praise.
Liked