Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2020, 06:53 PM   #11
tstickff

Liked 458 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: National Event Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
Its obvious because it works. Please detail any issues you have had with transfers. Are you worried that the races may fill before you can enter?
I have 10 grade points not my concern, me feeling is NHRA is completely on hold except for taking our money for events that will most likely get rescheduled, not a huge deal as long as you can make the dates they choose for the reschedule, but it’s guys like you and others that just continue to shell money out to NHRA even though racing as a whole is on hold until further notice, we have bigger issues going on in the world than worrrying about if and when they decide to go racing, that I need to be concerned about entering races.....I am self employed, NHRA says they will suspend the season, as of now I’m concerned about providing for my family not entering national events. This was just an observation I made today
Old 03-22-2020, 07:07 PM   #12
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstickff View Post
I have 10 grade points not my concern, me feeling is NHRA is completely on hold except for taking our money for events that will most likely get rescheduled, not a huge deal as long as you can make the dates they choose for the reschedule, but it’s guys like you and others that just continue to shell money out to NHRA even though racing as a whole is on hold until further notice, we have bigger issues going on in the world than worrrying about if and when they decide to go racing, that I need to be concerned about entering races.....I am self employed, NHRA says they will suspend the season, as of now I’m concerned about providing for my family not entering national events. This was just an observation I made today
It's the way the system works. So, you are worried about transferring $300.00 from one race to another? You should take that up with nhra if this is your complaint. Let us know how it works out.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #13
tstickff

Quote:
It's the way the system works. So, you are worried about transferring $300.00 from one race to another? You should take that up with nhra if this is your complaint. Let us know how it works out.
Bruce your far more out to left field than I thought, if that’s your response, good luck to you, keep up with the times guy
Old 03-22-2020, 07:21 PM   #14
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Quote:
Bruce your far more out to left field than I thought, if that’s your response, good luck to you, keep up with the times guy
Sputtering comments don't get you very far out here. I take it you have had no issues with transfers and you're worried about nhra holding on to $300.00 of your money. And that's your only beef. Then you come back as a wise azz. Grow up.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:40 PM   #15
tstickff

Quote:
Sputtering comments don't get you very far out here. I take it you have had no issues with transfers and you're worried about nhra holding on to $300.00 of your money. And that's your only beef. Then you come back as a wise azz. Grow up.
My “beef” from the beginning was the fact that NHRA is publicly stating they are shut down, which should mean people shouldn’t have to worry about national event quotas, but typical money hungry NHRA is still taking people’s money for races that probably won’t happen, I never said anything about transfers, grade points, or anything of that matter, I’m well aware how the “system” works, but you just like to argue so I will leave it at that, go ahead and keep entering your “cobalt”, getting bogus grade points, and shelling out your money to NHRA even when they aren’t holding races, and good luck this year!
Old 03-22-2020, 08:55 PM   #16
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Quote:
My “beef” from the beginning was the fact that NHRA is publicly stating they are shut down, which should mean people shouldn’t have to worry about national event quotas, but typical money hungry NHRA is still taking people’s money for races that probably won’t happen, I never said anything about transfers, grade points, or anything of that matter, I’m well aware how the “system” works, but you just like to argue so I will leave it at that, go ahead and keep entering your “cobalt”, getting bogus grade points, and shelling out your money to NHRA even when they aren’t holding races, and good luck this year!
To my knowledge nhra has said nothing about closing for the year. And where did you come up with the scenario "where people shouldn't have to worry about quotas?" Is that something you dreamt? If you look at the Atlanta race entries you will notice I entered with a 69 Firebird. You should still take up your argument with nhra. I would be interested in knowing how you make out?
Old 03-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #17
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I get what you're saying Timmy but not sticking up for NHRA here but what if this whole thing just blows through and is gone in a couple weeks. Not likely I know but then if it did we would have a few National events coming up say like Richmond and no entries. Just a thought, hope you guys are doing well my friend.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:21 PM   #18
Chip THELEGEND Johnson

Liked 280 Times in 79 Posts

What if
You entered at Grade 5 race gets canceled everything else fills up at 6 or more?

What if we dont race again til the fall.
Will they revert back to the special Hardship of 3 year average for 2021

Last edited by Chip THELEGEND Johnson; 03-22-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Chip THELEGEND Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-22-2020, 11:39 PM   #19
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Do you race? What’s the last national event you went to? No your missing the point, I am definitely a glass half full guy, have you not seen the letter from NHRA? Just posted. Couple days ago? Even NHRA doesn’t know when they will start back up, so for them to still be taking peoples money even though they aren’t even scheduling races isn’t right, but hey you must be one of those guys that has more money than brains and is entering all these national events even tho we don’t know when racing will resume.

For your knowledge I was at South Georgia, baby gators and the gator nationals a couple weeks ago, were you there?? We’re you listening to the announcers talking about the current issue? My guess is no
Yes I do race. I raced in Pomona in February. I did read the NHRA letter that talked about planning to start racing again for the Houston National event in April. That was April 2020. You’re the only one I’ve heard mentioning not racing all year. Don’t be part of people over reacting to this situation. The current situation is serious enough without panicking. Here in TX, Dallas will go into a “shelter at home” order tomorrow at midnight. Of course all of these situations are subject to change but many news agencies are beginning to report previous positive Covid-19 are recovering. My glass is half-full and rising.
Dan Foley
SC 4698
Old 03-25-2020, 02:38 PM   #20
tstickff

Now that NHRA has completely cancelled all Div 1 national events, how’s that withdrawal policy looking now Bruce Noland? Other than the maple grove national, if they decide to have sportsman, this is all I was asking, so all these people that paid to enter nationals even though NHRA was shut down, and everyone jumped down my throat about me thinking it wasnt ethical that NHRA was still taking peoples money, now what?