HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
tstickff

Liked 458 Times in 108 Posts
Default National Event Entries

I notice that even though NHRA is on hold currently, they are still accepting people’s money to enter national events, I personally don’t find this fair, on top of nobody knowing if racing will even happen this season, now I still have to be cautious of the event entry lists just in case I want to go racing?? We all know NHRA does not give refunds, in my opinion the entry list should also be on hold until NHRA makes their decision on the season and dates, but I see guys entering still so who am I I guess......
Old 03-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts
Default Re: National Event Entries

If people are dumb enough to entry for nationals in the next 30-45 days that’s there problem. Rumor has it if the race your entered for get canceled your credit will last 2 years not the normal 1 year from event. If I was NHRA keep taking that money if people are willing to pay it.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

If this is about money and not grade points - just enter the race and nhra will obviously allow you to transfer out if they postpone or cancel the race.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #4
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstickff View Post
I notice that even though NHRA is on hold currently, they are still accepting people’s money to enter national events, I personally don’t find this fair, on top of nobody knowing if racing will even happen this season, now I still have to be cautious of the event entry lists just in case I want to go racing?? We all know NHRA does not give refunds, in my opinion the entry list should also be on hold until NHRA makes their decision on the season and dates, but I see guys entering still so who am I I guess......

So you think there won't be any more racing this year? You can't be a glass half-full or half-empty kind of guy. Your glass must have a hole in it. Enter the race you want while you can. You'll get a transfer if you don't go or the race is postponed. It's not that hard.
Dan
Old 03-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #5
M Brand 505B

Liked 30 Times in 9 Posts

With the way the infections are increasing I can easily see the season not starting back up until late this year. What happens if you have a bunch of credits from cancelled nationals but don't go to enough divisonals to keep up your grade points and can't get into the nationals close to you next year? Doubt NHRA will refund you.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Brand 505B View Post
With the way the infections are increasing I can easily see the season not starting back up until late this year. What happens if you have a bunch of credits from cancelled nationals but don't go to enough divisonals to keep up your grade points and can't get into the nationals close to you next year? Doubt NHRA will refund you.
This is true Michael but everyone will obviously be in the same situation next year with lack of grade points unless they try to actually make up all the postponed division races later in the year. Also I think it was Charley who said rumor has it the credit may be good for 2 years.
Liked
Old 03-22-2020, 05:40 PM   #7
tstickff

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
So you think there won't be any more racing this year? You can't be a glass half-full or half-empty kind of guy. Your glass must have a hole in it. Enter the race you want while you can. You'll get a transfer if you don't go or the race is postponed. It's not that hard.
Dan
Do you race? What’s the last national event you went to? No your missing the point, I am definitely a glass half full guy, have you not seen the letter from NHRA? Just posted. Couple days ago? Even NHRA doesn’t know when they will start back up, so for them to still be taking peoples money even though they aren’t even scheduling races isn’t right, but hey you must be one of those guys that has more money than brains and is entering all these national events even tho we don’t know when racing will resume.

For your knowledge I was at South Georgia, baby gators and the gator nationals a couple weeks ago, were you there?? We’re you listening to the announcers talking about the current issue? My guess is no
Old 03-22-2020, 05:46 PM   #8
tstickff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
If this is about money and not grade points - just enter the race and nhra will obviously allow you to transfer out if they postpone or cancel the race.

That’s a novel idea, NHRA is so great I their refunds, you must have really good luck with them!! Good for you
Old 03-22-2020, 05:54 PM   #9
Quo Pro Joe

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

That is why this is such a grave situation.Our financial system is based upon someone paying you and you paying someone else and so on and so on.There will be no EZ fix for this crisis.
Quo Pro Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #10
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstickff View Post
That’s a novel idea, NHRA is so great I their refunds, you must have really good luck with them!! Good for you
Its obvious because it works. Please detail any issues you have had with transfers. Are you worried that the races may fill before you can enter?